Kentville Firefighters were called to a house on Exhibition Street in North Kentville after a report came in of a chimney fire. Firefighters had to use the ladder truck to reach the chimney. No one was injured in the fire. - John DeCoste, www.kingscountynews.ca
• At 8:22 p.m., Wolfville firefighters investigated a report of an unknown fire on Oak Island Road in Avonport. Chief Kirk Fredericks checked out the alarm and determined it was a controlled burn.
• Just before 8 a.m., Waterville and District firefighters responded to a chimney fire on Highway 1 in Cambridge. Firefighters were on scene for about an hour.
• Around 1 p.m., Canning firefighters responded to a broken waterline and flooded basement on Church Street in Kingsport.
• Just before 8 a.m., Wolfville firefighters responded to a report of a single vehicle collision on Highway 101 at Exit 9 in Avonport. A driver had lost control, spun around and clipped off a light pole. There were no serious injuries.
• At 11:30 a.m., Canning firefighters responded to a report of a suspicious odour at a residence on Seminary Avenue in Canning that turned out to be the result of a malfunctioning oil furnace.
• At 1:30 a.m., Hall’s Harbour firefighters responded to a fire alarm sounding on Highway 359.
• At 2 a.m., Greenwich firefighters responded to a report of a smell of propane at the Irving Mainway in Greenwich.