Kings fire lines: Feb. 19

John
John Decoste
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Fire Lines

Feb. 7

• At 1 p.m., Waterville and District firefighters responded to as report of a flooded furnace on Rafuse Road in Waterville. While they were there, firefighters cleaned the chimney at the residence.

 

Feb. 8

• Around 5 a.m., Canning firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide detector sounding at a residence on Highway 358 in Scott’s Bay. It turned out the cause was a malfunctioning woodstove.

• At 2:19 p.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a single-vehicle collision on Commercial Street in New Minas, with no serious injuries.

• At 4:38 p.m., Kentville firefighters responded to a report of a stove fire at a residence on Main Street in Kentville. It was not serious.

 

Feb. 9

• At 2:33 p.m., The Kings County Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Response Team from the Wolfville, New Minas and Kentville fire departments was dispatched in mutual aid to the scene of an electrical fire at a business near Windsor. The response was cancelled en route once it was determined the HazMat team was not required.

 

Feb. 10

• At 2:43 a.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a report of a flood condition at the Atlantic SuperStore in New Minas. It turned out the problem was a broken pipe inside the store.

• At 2:07 p.m., Wolfville firefighters responded to a residential fire alarm sounding at an unoccupied residence on Stirling Avenue in Wolfville.

In their arrival, firefighters found alarms going off inside the house and noticed a smell of smoke outside. Entry was gained by forcing a window, and on investigation, no emergency was found.

It appeared a furnace vent had been clogged with snow earlier in the day, causing smoke to back up and set off the alarm. A neighbour who showed up with a key secured the home after firefighters had left the scene.

• At 3:46 p.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a report of a flooded basement at an apartment building on Commercial Street.

 

Feb. 11

• At 8:26 a.m., Kentville firefighters responded to a two-vehicle collision on Highway 12 on the overpass at Highway 101 Exit 13.

6 p.m., Kentville firefighters responded to an electrical fire in a residence on Mee Road, the result of a broken water line on the second floor.

 

Feb. 12

• At 2:39 a.m., New Minas firefighters responded to an alarm sounding at Edgewood Hall in New Minas. After some searching, it was found there was water in the detector.

 • At 8 a.m., New Minas firefighters responded to three vehicles off the road on Jones Road due to slippery road conditions. The road had to be shut down temporarily and traffic redirected around the scene.

 

Feb. 14

• Around 10:30 a.m., Kentville firefighters responded to assist EHS paramedics with a medical emergency on the Donald E. Hiltz Connector Road in the industrial park. An injured man man had to be transported to hospital.

Organizations: The Kings County Hazardous Materials

Geographic location: New Minas, Kentville, Waterville Wolfville Commercial Street Rafuse Road Windsor Stirling Avenue Mee Road Jones Road Donald E. Hiltz Connector Road

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments