'Wear red' Tuesday planned to support RCMP

Staff ~ The Journal Pioneer

Canadians are encouraged to wear red Tuesday, June 10, in support of the fallen RCMP officers from Moncton.

Last Wednesday, constables Dave Ross, Fabrice Gevaudan and Douglas Larche were killed and two officers were injured.

The Facebook event, which was created by wives of other RCMP officers, has more than 23,000 people signed up to participate as of Sunday night.

“Wear red on Tuesday to show that the fallen, wounded, their families, and all members of the RCMP are in our hearts,” the post says.

A public regimental funeral is being held Tuesday at Moncton Coliseum for the fallen officers.

Comments

Comments

• Matthew
    June 11, 2014 - 09:49

It appears that a village somewhere is missing its idiot. Jeff, perhaps you should go join the wackos at Westboro Baptist Church.

• Judy
    June 10, 2014 - 15:06

Your an idiot Jeff Johnson. Hants journal monitoring these posts you are encouraging the Justin bourque's of the world by allowing them to post here!!!

• Jeff Johnston
      June 10, 2014 - 22:52

Hey Judy , you're encouraging all the police state thugary , the persecution of the poor , the drugging of the children in the schools by wanting to censor the truth . All of which will bring the WRATH of the ALMIGHTY GOD down on us . Remember SODOM and GOMORRAH ? The Lord destroyed those cities with FIRE and BRIMSTONE for their wickedness . Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom .

• Jeff Johnston
    June 09, 2014 - 10:19

CBC ran an article June 4 the same day about Moncton considering a law banning people from giving money to the homeless . The city of Moncton got what it deserved . Praise the Lord for his righteous judgement on the wicked city of Moncton .. Las Vegas also has 3 officers killed , and they are another city that bans people from giving money to the homeless .

• Chris
      June 09, 2014 - 15:19

You are in need of help, seriously. "The city of Moncton got what it deserved. Praise the Lord for his righteous judgement on the wicked city of Moncton" Unbelievable! And we wonder what's wrong in this world? FYI, Las Vegas lost two officers and that is two too many. Your commentary about the homeless is inappropriate considering what this article is about.

• Joanne Reynolds
      June 09, 2014 - 16:11

I am sure that I have read your comment wrong, sir. If not I shall pray for you that you never have to face the tragedy that fell on these three brave men who protected innocent lives and children. But again, I must have read you comment wrong.

• Liz
      June 09, 2014 - 16:37

I'm sorry you feel that way Mr. Johnston. Ironic, your right to say the men and women who die in the line of duty is protected by those same men and women. Police officers, contrary to your apparent belief, do not write laws. They enforce them and they do so with discretion. If you wish to give your hard earned money to the homeless, I would bet you would be hard pressed to find a police officer who would stop you. They generally have more important things to do to protect you and your family. A bylaw officer may deem it appropriate to ticket you, but they are not members of the RCMP or any other police force, they are city employees. Perhaps your displeasure should be aimed at them or at the city councillors who voted to implement this particular bylaw. I'm not a religious person myself, but I really feel that any God who wanted good would not sanction the behaviours of any armed person taking the life of another human being. Regardless of the lessons this God would want to teach. Tomorrow, I will wear red. I would like to support Moncton and it's citizens while they heal. I would like to support the Members and their families. They are my family as well, because yes, I am an RCMP wife, and my husband will be wearing his serge tomorrow to honour the fallen. Pray for Moncton. RCMP strong. Member proud.

• Matt
      June 09, 2014 - 19:55

Yup Jeff. Probably totally related...