The case of the two accused in the first-degree murder of Loretta Saunders has been adjourned.
Blake Leggette, 25, and his girlfriend Victoria Henneberry, 28, have been in custody since they were arrested in late February but they did not appear in Halifax provincial court on Wednesday.
- Read more special articles:
- Family to continue Loretta Saunders’ legacy: ‘It’s up to us to continue’
- Loretta Saunders family speaks after murderers' guilty plea: ‘My daughter didn’t deserve it’
- UPDATED: Blake Leggette and Victoria Henneberry plead guilty to murdering Loretta Saunders
- Loretta Saunders was suffocated, choked: agreed statement of facts
Their lawyers appeared on their behalf and the case was set over until April 9.
Both were charged with first-degree murder after Saunders’s body was found on a median off the Trans-Canada Highway in New Brunswick on Feb. 26.
The 26-year-old Saint Mary’s University student had disappeared Feb. 13.