Changes to Nova Scotia's immigration nominee program

Lena Diab, left, announced changes to the provincial immigration nominee program Feb. 20. File

The province says it is strengthening the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.

A press release from Immigration Minister Lena Diab Feb. 20 said a Regional Labour Market Demand stream will replace the Community Identified stream.

"Immigration will be critical to Nova Scotia's future growth and success, and that's why government has placed such a high priority on it," said Diab. "The new Regional Labour Market Demand stream will focus on attracting immigrants who are ready, willing and able to work where they are needed most."

Through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program, the province can nominate potential immigrants. The federal government sets the number of immigrants the province can nominate and makes the final decision on whether they can become permanent Canadian residents.

Under the new Regional Labour Market Demand stream, applicants will be assessed based on experience, education and language abilities, and ability to work in Nova Scotia's most in-demand occupations.

The federal government directed all provinces and territories to close non-economic immigration categories, such as the Community Identified stream, which was primarily focused on community connections.

Complete applications through the Community Identified stream will be accepted until March 6. Applications already submitted will continue to be processed.

More information on the Nova Scotia Nominee Program is available online.

Comments

Comments

• saleem
    August 25, 2014 - 07:26

im having masters degree in Pol. Sci. 10 years experience as office stenotypist how can i apply for skilled worker pls rply on my mail. thx

• a.praveen kumar reddy
    July 17, 2014 - 10:08

i have applied for nova scotia nominee program, my application reached to nova scotia office by april 15, 2014 still i havent recieved any information from the office, please let me know when they are going to starting approvals of applicants and how many days more required to get the feedback from novascotia immigration office.

• gurcharan singh
      July 31, 2014 - 13:02

please show the exact position of nomination,because many persons predict their views

• aniyamma
    April 05, 2014 - 03:14

Hellow i am a nurse.was working in gulf...18years experience..now i am 32...my assessment is cleared...for visa asking for IELTS .i am going to wright now,,what score they need in nova..it is to be academic or general... thank you

• Yaseer Ahmad
    April 04, 2014 - 08:55

Dear sir, I have passed Master of Commerce (M.Com) and working in retail store science 2005,in this store I have done work on different positions as Store officer,Internal Auditor and currently working as Accounts manager.I have overall 10 experience in different organizations.My other particulers are date of birth is 07/09/1980,mr.Status married,reg. Islam.currently live Lahore -Pakistan.Spouse qualification is Master in History. Can I apply or PR and how can arrange job before arriving?

• Syed Amir
      April 26, 2014 - 13:56

Yaseer bhai, This is Amir from Pakistan. I am also willing to apply for Nova Scotia Immigration. If you got any reply so do let me know on my email id syed.1991@live.com Regards.

• gurvinder singh
    April 04, 2014 - 05:36

i am matriculate.i have an ielts certificate 5 band in general.it is 4year old.i am 41.i have 26 year experience in metal machiniest.i operate lathe,milling,vertical boring &cylenderical grinding machines.can i apply pr visa and how.what would be cost.

• gurvinder singh
    April 04, 2014 - 05:23

• ouattara ousmane
    April 03, 2014 - 12:57

hello my name is Ousmane Ouattara I am a young Ivorian for the moment I am in Nigeria I want to go to canada to continue my studies and also there s no time to work so if you can help me for that I serias you reconnaisant all my life thank you in advance

• KAUMIK PATEL
    April 02, 2014 - 01:35

Dear Sir, i am b.com graduate ( throught out Eng medium), & have 7 years experience in Retail industry, can i apply for PR in nova scotia, & my ielts score is 6 band in general stream but it is expire before 3 years, is it compulsory to appy with ielts & how much band require.

• rajdeep kaur
      April 03, 2014 - 07:28

Contact with Canasia in chandighar office. Miss sujata.she is very nice .

• Jagmeet Singh
    March 31, 2014 - 20:03

I am electrical eng. diploma holder with 2 years experience HOW CAN I APPLY for NOVA SCOTIA

• manpreet
    March 30, 2014 - 11:16

i have done my bsc nursing and i am having 2.5 years experience.please let me know when i should apply for nova scotia?

• salim
    March 29, 2014 - 03:17

my wife is registered nurse i want to apply nova scotia. what is the application fee and plz send full details of immigration requirements. i want to apply direct my your office.

• Raja shah
    March 27, 2014 - 03:22

Dear sir, i m raja shah from India. i m qualified biotechnologist. and i have 3 year experience as a microbiologist. and i got 5.5 band in IELTS. can i apply for PR in a Nova Scotia

• Shobhit
    March 27, 2014 - 02:35

Dear Sir I would like to apply for Nova Scotia Kindly let me know how can I apply directly with immigration agent I need details information as i have six years work experience as Executive Assistant with the Management. Thanks & Regards Shobhit

• Mohan Dhakal
    March 25, 2014 - 08:37

Dear sir, I think The Regional Demand Stream has cap lock. Is it possible to increase the number for this stream if there are a lot of high qualified applicants? Please convey the message? Looking forward to it.

• Fakhra
    March 22, 2014 - 10:57

Sir, my brother is graduate and have work experience of security guard in UAE . He wants to apply for a canada immigration.WHAT SHOULD HE DO?

• Shujauddin Munshi
    March 20, 2014 - 20:46

Dear Sir I would like to apply for Nova Scotia Kindly let me know how can I apply directly with immigration agent I need details information and forms Thanks & Best/regards

• Chioma ezinwa
    March 20, 2014 - 00:51

Please sir,I'd like to know the processing duration,the settlement funds and when the application can be submitted

• DILIPKUMAR VAGHELA
    March 19, 2014 - 09:35

HELLO SIR,I AM A DIESEL MEACHANIC LAST 10 YEARS OF EXPERINCE,I HAVE ALSO A HEAVY TRUCK DRIVER LICENCE WITH FIVE YEARS EXPERINCE,I HAVE DONE MY DIESEL MECHANIC COURSE WITH ITI CERTIFICATE,IN IELTS IN HAVE A OVERALL FIVE BAND IN GENERAL MODULE,CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR NOVA SCOTIA PR PROGRAM....THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

• John
    March 18, 2014 - 12:15

u Alart Me for Job's In Canada & Immigration Proce's

• brian
    March 17, 2014 - 09:47

me and my wife are very interested to go and migrate in nova scotia but i need to know if ielts is a requirement if you will going to find a work in this province.

• vanita garg
    March 09, 2014 - 11:38

i want to apply for PR of Nova soctia..please tell me about point system of this province.....i am working as system administrator under sub divisional magistrate office..

• nitesh
    March 08, 2014 - 05:27

want to know about immigration rules

• rachave
    March 04, 2014 - 12:25

my wife is a doctor hv wrk exp 3 yrs.but yet ESA is not completed bcz her sonography diploma certificate yet not published.can i apply?

• Dhaval Patel