© Jonathan Riley
Greg Thomas at the public drop off site in Digby.
The municipality wants your rotten food.
Crews have placed a special dumpster for organic material at the public drop off transfer station at 245 Upper Cross Road.
The drop off, which normally takes all sorts of garbage and recyclables, is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday and from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
“Please spread the word as we know people are struggling cleaning out their fridges and freezers,” said a press release form the municipality.
- Read more special articles:
- Editorial: Nova Scotia Power has hard lessons to learn
- EDITORIAL: Stand up for Nova Scotians, Premier McNeil
- One story of powerlessness and frustration from Bear River
- McNeil: Nova Scotia Power’s response to Arthur 'unacceptable'
The municipality’s regularly scheduled green cart pickup is next week and people can fill their green cart plus other containers to place material curbside.
Other containers should weigh less than 25 pounds.