Kingston's Credit Union Centre will be profiled on the March 29 broadcast of Hockey Night in Canada
The village of Kingston and its Credit Union Centre arena will be profiled during game one of tonight’s Hockey Night in Canada broadcast.
Arena group president Wayne Fowler said the profile will offer a glimpse into the village’s run at the 2014 Hockeyville title.
A CBC television crew visited Kingston last week to film material for the segment that will run during the Hockeyville announcement broadcast taking place April 5.
- Read more special articles:
- “We were already winners before tonight,” say Kingston's Hockeyville supporters
- Hockey Day underway in Kingston
- Vote for Kingston for Hockeyville: Glavine
- Kingston in final round, could be Canada’s next Hockeyville
The Kingston rink beat out the Bedeque and Area Recreation Centre in Central Bedeque, P.E.I., to represent eastern Canada in the contest.
The Credit Union Centre is now facing off against the Medican Multi-plex in Sylvan Lake, Alta. for a chance to host a pre-season NHL game. Both communities have won $100,000 towards arena upgrades as finalists.