The Ken-Wo Women's Division 2014 executive include, from left, in front, are Jane Calpin - match; Cathy Coates - secretary/treasurer; Winnie Horton - president; Lois Tracy – house. In back are Nikki Dolbaczuk - vice-president; Audrey Ansems - prizes; Linda Durling - publicity; Ruth Garapick - match; Marian Sampson – match. Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Valley Gardeners Club - meeting at 7:30 p.m. at KC Irving Environmental Science Center, Wolfville. John Cummings will speak on Herbs - native or otherwise
• Vacation Bible School - with “the Doreys,” 9:30 a.m. to noon, daily, at former Tremont Hall, 738 Tremont Mt. Road, for children ages five to Grade 5. Info: Leon Langille, 825-9329. Hosted by Peoples 25:40 Church and Church of the Nazarene.
• Strawberry Salad Supper - Pereaux Baptist Church, 4:30-7 p.m. Take out service available. Adults $12, Children 10 and under $6
• Cemetery Tour - 2 p.m., Riverbank Cemetery. Info: call Hantsport Visitor Centre, 684-3211
• Kentville Lion’s Club Dance - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., 78 River St. $6 per person, $10 a couple, complimentary munchies, spot dances, door prize, 50/50 draw, Music by Vintage. Info: 679-4899. Proceeds to support Lion’s projects
• Wolfville & District Lions Breakfast – 7-10 a.m. 36 Elm Ave., Wolfville. Adults $6, children under 10 $3. Proceeds for community projects.
• Crib - Ladies auxiliary crib tournament, Kentville Legion. Registration 12:30 p.m., play 1 p.m. Upstairs, $20 per team. Lunch provided by the Ladies Auxiliary
• Coldbrook Lions Breakfast – 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children three to 12 $3, under three free
• Coldbrook Lions Dance - 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., $6 per person. Music by Rte 12
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., $7 per person must be 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Still Doin Time
• Strawberry Tea – 2-4 p.m., Black River Community Hall. Freewill donations for upkeep of the community hall
• Covenanter Church Service - Grand Pré, 11 a.m., speaker Chaplain Laurie Perrin. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
• Flower/Vegetable Show and Tea – held by the Wilmot Garden Club at the Kingston Lions Hall. Show and dessert tea 2-4:30 p.m. with door prizes at 3 p.m. Admission $5, includes dessert with tea, coffee or juice. To show flowers or vegetables, see the rules at www.wilmotgardenclub.net or contact 765-0906.
• Ice Cream Social - 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Weston Community Hall, Brooklyn St.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., $7 per person, must be 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Appaloosa
• Garden Show and Dessert Tea – held by Champlain Garden Club, 2-5 p.m., at the legion Community Center, 66 Victoria St. Annapolis Royal. Forms available at the historic Gardens. Please bring specimens and arrangements to the Legion 8-10 a.m. Saturday. Admission $5. Info: 532-0834, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Service - Covenanter Church, Grand Pré, 11 a.m., speaker Rev. Peter Robbins, organist Krisy Keech and Angela Pound. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
• Hope and Healing - Covenanter Church, Grand Pré, service of Hope and Healing, 5:55 p.m. Organists Krisy Keech and Angela Pound. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
July 28 – Aug. 1
• Weird Animals Vacation Bible School - 9:30 a.m. to noon daily at the Middleton Baptist Church. Children ages 3 to 11 are invited to participate in this wacky animal themed camp. Register: 825-3537. www.middletonbaptist.com