© Nancy Kelly
Mary’s Islanders dance troupe hosted a Mother’s Day tea at the Windermere Hall on May 10. After serving sandwiches and sweets, the troupe, which is fundraising for a trip to Disney World, performed. In front, from left, are dancers Becky and Courtney Foster, Chyenne Deviller and Kaylynn Keddy. In back are Carly Floris, Sean May, Christine Theriault and Sarah O’Malley. - Nancy Kelly, www.kingscountynews.ca
• Turkey Supper - 4:30-6 p.m., St. Andrew’s Anglican Church hall, Hantsport. Adults $12, free for children under five.
• Golf Tournament - Landmark East Golf Tournament at Berwick Heights. Proceeds to student bursary fund. Register: Mandy at 542-2237.
• Church Anniversary - Wolfville Baptist Church 250th anniversary celebration. Chef Nelson Penner will prepare a gourmet dinner, 6:30 p.m. Silent auction viewing 6 p.m. Limited tickets available until May 18, $25, 542-5524.
• Show ‘n Shine - 5:30-7:30 p.m. Vintage and collectible autos, tractors, motorcycles at the Central Kings school lot. Free registration, admission. Part of Cambridge Elementary School’s community fun fair. Info: Sara, 538-9191 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benefit Concert - 7 p.m. at Horton High School, Shoulder to Shoulder Band, freewill offering at the door. Benefit to support of the purchase of a wheelchair accessible van.
• Concert - Coco Love with Caleb Miles in concert at the Berwick Legion, doors open at 8 p.m., show starts 8:30 p.m. Advance tickets $20 at the Legion, 538-7397, or $25 at the door. 19 and over, cash bar.
• Spring Auction – Gaspereau Elementary Home and School’s annual live auction, 7 p.m., at the Gaspereau Community Hall. New items, gift certificates, baked goods and more.
• Indoor yard sale - baked goods, plants, hot dogs and refreshments, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Aylesford United Church Hall.
• Stuffed Pork Dinner - 4:30-6 p.m. at Kingston Baptist Church. Adults $10, children $5, catered by Kingston’s Friends of the Village
• Spring Blossoms Dance - 9 p.m.-1 a.m. at the Hall's Harbour Fundy View Community Centre, 4120 Hwy 359, Hall's Harbour. Music by Country Heat. $10 per person at the door. Must be 19 years of age. Cash bar. Designated driver available. Info: email@example.com
• Yardsale - rain or shine, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at St. James Anglican Church
• Parrish Breakfast – 8-10 a.m., $6, at St. James Anglican Church
• Spring Indoor Yard and Furniture Sale - at
Kingston Lions Hall, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Proceeds to Lions community initiatives. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 45s -Cornwallis New Horizens Club senior’s room, Canning. Registration 1 p.m., games 1:30 p.m., admission $2. Info: Gladys 678-2030 or Rose 582-7346
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 and over. Music by Reboot
• Books and Baked Goods - Canning library book and baked goods sale, 9:30 a.m. to 1p.m. 9806 Main Street, Canning. Proceeds to library to keep it open.
• Redneck Dessert Tea - Weston WI hall, 3469 Brooklyn St., 2-4 p.m. Prizes for best hat, apron and tattoo, flea market table
• Plant Sale - St. Mary’s Church, Auburn, at the corner of Morden Road and Hwy #1, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Numerous perennials and small shrubs
• Breakfast – at St. James' Anglican Church Hall, Kentville, 8-10 a.m. Minimum $6 donation. Craft table on site.
• Apple Blossom Stuffed Pork Dinner - Kingston Baptist Church, 4:30-6 p.m. $10 for adults, $5 for children, catered to by Kingston’s Friends of the Village.
• Plant and Bake Sale - South Alton Baptist Church, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sponsored by the Baptist Fellowship Club.
• Music Night - 6:30 p.m. at Coldbrook Baptist Church featuring The Gospel Lights. Fellowship to follow. Freewill offering
• Port Williams Musical Showcase - 7 p.m. at the Port Williams United Baptist Church, featuring the recent participants of the Annapolis Valley Music Festival. To participate, contact Lana Churchill email@example.com by May 22. Freewill at the door for the music festival and the church.
• Concert - Sonlight Ministries Gospel Concert, 7 p.m., at the Waterville Baptist Church, Mill Street. Freewill offering for special church purposes. Refreshments and fellowship following.
• Musical Benefit Show and Auction - 1:30 p.m. at the Kentville Legion. Freewill offering, 50/50, auction, bake table and canteen. Donations appreciated. Proceeds to Connie Munroe and daughter towards medical expenses. Info: David at 678-4803
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m. at Forest Hill Baptist Church. Special Music will be Nancy Drennan and Ivan Daniel. Rev. Manthorne will lead the hymn sing. Refreshments served.
• Blood Donor Collection – 1-3 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. at the Kentville Fire Department.
• KCA Annual Spring Fling - 4:30-7 p.m. at KCA. Little Ray’s Reptiles, candy bags, cupcake walk, face painting and games, books, hot dogs, hamburgers, pop and treats. Tickets 25 cents for each activity. Proceeds to classrooms. Rain date May 29
• Autism Speaker - Autism Education expert, Leslie Broun, to speak on "New Brain Research and Autism" 6:30 p.m. at the West Kings Memorial Health Centre, Orchard St., Berwick. Free. Info: Sandy 375-3031, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Spring Casserole Buffet Supper - 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the All Saints’ Church Hall, Kingston. Salads, casseroles and desserts, $10, family rates and take-out available.
• Dance – at Royal Canadian Legion Br. 098 Kingston, 9 p.m. until closing, $ 7 per person. Music by Rte 12.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Appaloosa
• Turkey Dinner and Auction - Berwick Curling Club is having a ‘bring the club to the Appledome fundraiser’, 6:30 p.m., at the Lions Hall, Kings Mutual Century Centre, Berwick. Tickets $25 each. Info: Brad at 538-3612.
• Apple Blossom Café - 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at St. James Anglican Church, corner of Main and Prospect Kentville. Sandwiches, salads, beverages.
• Kitchen Party - Millville Community Hall, 7 p.m. Bring your instrument, voice, dance shoes and a potluck snack. Tea and coffee served, entry is free.
• Musical Variety Night - remembering Wilf Carter, 7 p.m., doors open 6 p.m., at Northeast Kings Education Centre, Canning. Tickets $10 at the door or Cochrane's Pharmacy in Canning and in Wolfville. Canteen available. Proceeds for the Wilf Carter Room, Canning Library and Heritage Centre Info: 582-3320
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m. at the Hall's Harbour Baptist Church, West Hall's Harbour Road. Featuring Madeline and Britt Bauchman. Fellowship to follow.
• Apple Blossom Ghost Walk - starts 8 p.m. on the steps of the Cornwallis Inn, family-friendly, rain or shine. Adults $15, Students $10. Space is limited, reservations: email@example.com
• Concert – Sonlight, 7 p.m., at Centreville Baptist Church. Freewill offering, proceeds to new church kitchen.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Doors open noon, registration 12:30 p.m., play at 1 p.m. $20 per team. Info: 689-2147. Canteen available
• Ticket Auction - Meadowview Hall, Kentville.
Viewing 1 p.m., draws 3 p.m. Tickets $1 for 20.
Fundraiser for the Kinette Club of Kentville & District
• Crib Tournament - at the Kentville Legion, registration 12:30 p.m., play at 1 p.m. upstairs, $20 per team.
• Dance - Kentville Legion, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. Must be 19 and over, bar, kitchen available. Music by Big Deal.
• Lobster Dinner – 4-7 p.m. at Ryan Lockhart Park, New Minas. Takeout orders only, picnic tables sat up. Tickets, $20, must be purchased in advance at the village office or for credit card payment, 681-6972. Proceeds to New Minas Splash Park.
• Breakfast – held by Team Sobeys Greenwood Relay For Life Team, 7-10 a.m. at the Kingston Lions Hall. Freewill offering.
• Yard Sale – 8 a.m. at the North Alton Baptist Church. Miscellaneous items, plant sale, bake goods. Proceeds for church work.