© Jennifer Hoegg - Kingscountynews.ca
Volunteers set up for the Valley Hope Classic Sept. 28 in Wolfville. Front, from left: Amanda Baker and Buttons, Emily Duffett, Gill Hastey. Back, from left: Monique Harvie, Barbara Grover, Shelagh Rombaut and Holly Brogan.
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Course - “After Pentecost: The Gospel, The holy Spirit and The Church.” New Beginnings Centre, Bridge Street, Greewnood. 7 p.m.
• Dessert Party - Centreville Baptist Curch. 7 p.m. Presentation by quilt artist Karen Henry. Music by Mr. In-Between. $10. Info: Sharon, 678, 2836, or Ann, 678-4472.
• Karaoke - Royal Canadian Legion Habitant, 9 p.m. Open to all 19 and over. Music by Bev. Freewill donation.
• Haunted House – Red Cross Haunted House at Noggins Farm, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 7-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Extended hours Thanksgiving Monday and Oct. 25. Every weekend during October.
• Breakfast - Masonic Hall, Mill Street, Berwick. 8 to 10:30 a.m. Adults, $6; children, $3. Hall now wheelchair accessible.
• Breakfast - Hantsport and District Lions Club Lockhartville Community Hall, Hutchinson Road. 7 to 10:00 a.m. $6 per person; children six to 12, $3; children five and under, free. Proceeds to Lions’ programs.
• Breakfast - Kentville Legion. 7:30 to 10 a.m. Adults $5; children 12 and under, $3.
• Music - Music of Johnny Cash and Hank Snow. Kingston’s Lions Hall. 7 p.m. $10 per person. Draw and canteen.
• Dance – Kentville Legion. 9:30 p.m. $6 per person, 19 and over. Bar and kitchen available. Music by Rte 12.
• Breakfast - All Saint’s Anglican Church Kingston, full breakfast 8 to 10 a.m., $7. All Saints’ Anglican Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston
• Music Recital - 8 p.m. at Manning Memorial Chapel, Acadia, Michael Harris, Tenor, with Jared Mosher, Violin and John Scott, Organ and Harpsichord. Music by Dowland, Purcell, Bach, Holst, Hahn. Freewill offering.
• Fall Auction - L.E. Shaw School, Avonport. Auctioneer Doug Crowell, new and used items, produce and bake goods, canteen available. Doors open at 6 p.m., auction starts at 7 p.m. Proceeds for the West Brooklyn Baptist Church.
• Brunch - ForestHill Baptist Church, 10 a.m. to noon. $8 Per serving. Proceeds for church.
• Flea Market - Kentville Legion, 8 a.m. to noon. Table bookings $5, admission $1. Canteen available. Call 678-8935
Oct. 14 and 15
• Blood Donor Clinic - NSCC Kingstec. 1-3 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. Sponsored by the Kentville Lions Club.
• Oktoberfest Harvest Sale - 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Local entertainment. Sponsored by Canadian Heritage 689-2612 or 689-2000.
• Thanksgiving dinner - Forties Community Centre, New Ross. 11:30 a.m to 1: 30 p.m. and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Adults, $11; children five to 12 years, $5.50; children under five, $2.50. Info: 689-2612
• Roast Beef Luncheon - at the Kingston Lions Hall, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., $8 at the door or $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. on the 15th, (902)765-2128. For this month only, due to the provincial election, the noon
luncheon has been moved one week ahead.
• Citrus Sale - Horton Music Department, on sale until Nov. 1. Oranges and grapefruits, $44 per case and $26 per half case. Order through a music student or email@example.com. Fruit pick-up at Horton Nov. 22, 4-8 p.m. and Nov. 23, 9 a.m. to noon.
• Lunch - Loyal Workers of Port Williams United Baptist Church. 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Soup, chowder, rolls, tea, coffee, dessert. $8.
• Transit meeting - Conversation on transportaion options. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Municipality of Kings building’s Orchard Room. No charge, light refreshments. Register or for information, call Kings Point to Point: 681-2846 or 678-7310.
• Jam - North Alton Jam session 7-10 p.m., door prize, 50/50 and a lunch. Donation at the door
• Games Day - St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Hantsport, 1-4 p.m. Cheesecake, tea and coffee. Various board and card games with lots of prizes.
$5 per person. To book a table, contact Mabel Yeaton 684-9177 or Edie Allen 684-3264.
• Fall and Winter Clothing Give Away - sponsored by Missions In Action group of Baptist Church, Murray Drive, Centreville. Information: call 678-3939 or church, 678-1946.
• Dance - Kentville Legion, 9:30 p.m. $6 per person, 19 years and over.
• Crib Tournament – held at the Kentville Legion by the Ladies Auxiliary. Registration 12:30 p.m. Play at 1 p.m., upstairs, $20 per team. Lunch served.
• Variety Music Night - at the Kingston Lions Club Hall at 7 p.m. Cost $5. Ticket sales at the door, 6 p.m. Performers: Wendy-Lynn, Chet Brown and Jeff Tooker. Phone 765-2128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Breakfast – held by the Coldbrook Lions, all you can eat. Adults $5, children 3 to 12 years $3, two and under free. 692-0579
• Coldbrook Lions Dance - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., $6 per person. Music by Rte 12. 538-8050
• Horton Harvest Craft Fair - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Horton High School. A large variety of crafters and exhibitors from all over the province will be featured.
• Ham, Scallop and Bean Supper – at North Alton Baptist Church, 4:30 p.m. Adults $10, children under 10, $4. Proceeds for church work.
• Fall Harvest Supper – at First Cornwallis Baptist Church, Middle Dyke Rd, Upper Canard. Adults $12, children five to 10 $5, preschoolers free. All proceeds to fund youth program.
• Ticket Auction - at the Meadowview Development Centre, viewing starts 11 a.m. Ticket 20 for a $1, draws at 2 p.m. Also tickets sold on grocery hamper. Pulled Pork on a bun dinner to follow. Proceeds to Dana Taylor for medical travel.
• Pancake Breakfast - Berwick Fire Hall, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Freewill donation. Silent auction, straw draw and items for sale. All for cats and kittens in need.
• Flea Market – Scott’s Bay Community Hall Association flea market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the hall. For more or to rent tables, call Jerry, 582-7489. Proceeds for hall upkeep.
• Rummage Sale – Scott’s Bay Women’s Institute rummage sale at the Seaside Centre. $5 per bag with bags provided. For more info or to donate, contact Gwen at 582-7178. Proceeds to the Seaside Centre for upkeep.
• Lions Breakfast – held by Wolfville & District Lions, Elm St. Wolfville, 7-10 a.m. Adults $6, 10 years and under $3. Proceeds for community projects
• Hymn Sing – 7 p.m., at Wolfville Ridge Baptist, with special guests, “Good Intentions” from Scott's Bay. Freewill offering, Fellowship and refreshment to follow.
• Scottish Country Dance Classes - Monday nights for eight weeks, 7 to 9 p.m., at the Wilmot Community Centre. No partner or special attire is required, suitable for ages 16 to 96. No experience required. 825-9475.
Meeting - annual general meeting of the Annapolis Valley Apple Blossom Festival, 7 p.m., at the Kings County Museum, Cornwallis St., Kentville