BERWICK, N.S. – A trip to Brrrrr-wick may be in order for folks feeling adventurous Feb. 8-9.
“We’ve decided to shift our focus with all of our events this year to focus on ‘things happening in the community you live in.’ While we are excited about some of our extra special events, we are also just as excited about the events that happen on any given weekend in Berwick,” said Town of Berwick recreation co-ordinator Taylor Fancey.
The fun kicks off Friday evening, with a range of activities planned for folks of all ages to enjoy.
“We will be hosting a bonfire, with fireworks and winter activities in Rainforth Park,” said Fancey, noting that some events are weather permitting.
“Horse and wagon rides will also be on the agenda.”
The wagon rides are slated to run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and the outdoor activities are a go from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The neighbouring Burlington Oval outdoor rink, located outside of town at 2122 Long Point Road, will be open for skating at 7 p.m.
Start Saturday off with a full belly by making the monthly breakfast at the Masonic Lodge the first stop of the busy day. From there, the Berwick and District Nursery School is hosting a fun fair in the gym of Berwick’s Town Hall complex.
“In the evening, we have partnered with the Valley Wildcats and Berwick Lions to offer a fun night out. For one set price, you can purchase a ticket for ham and scalloped potato dinner and the Wildcats game - and popcorn, too,” said Fancey.
“Come at 5 p.m. for free skating and stay for an evening full of fun. Berwick Recreation will be offering fun, pre-game activities in the lobby prior to the game.”
This is what’s happening Saturday:
- Breakfast at the Masonic Hall, 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Berwick Community Market Association vendors – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Berwick and District Nursery School Fun Fair – 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Games Day at the Berwick Library – noon to 2 p.m.
- Horse and wagon rides – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free skating at Kings Mutual Century Centre – 5 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
- Ham and scalloped potato dinner at the Lions Hall – 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Valley Wildcats vs. Amherst Ramblers pregame activities – 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Valley Wildcats puck drop – 7 p.m.