Comments

Comments

• peter
    April 21, 2014 - 18:20

There are diffidently cougars here in Nova Scotia. I live in the Annapolis Valley, Bridgetown area to be exact and one crossed in front of my car. This took place on the outskirts of the town on a back road. I was about 40 feet away give or take and a black one came out from the brush and took about three huge strides across the road and was gone into the brush. This was about five years ago, and haven't met one since and don't want to.

• Kara Lang (nee Hinxman)
    April 16, 2014 - 20:53

There are definitely cougars in NS. My parents BOTH saw one, just a couple years ago, in the field behind their house in Granville Centre. My Mum tried to take a picture of it but the little disposable camera she had didn't get a good shot (no zoom). I have no doubt they are out and about in NS, in endangered numbers, but still out there!

• John Mclellan
    March 27, 2014 - 20:20

There are cougars here, almost 15 years ago a cougar jumped across the road while I was driving... It came out of the woods jumped in the middle of the road and one more jump he was gone. This was in the Maitland Bridge area just passed Kedgi going towards Annapolis.

• Lorraine Saulnier
    March 26, 2014 - 11:36

I saw a cougar about 20 years ago, it crossed in front of my car on my way to French Village on the airport arterial. It jumped on the embankment and stared at me for about a minute, then jumped into the woods. This is on the outskirts of Saint John.

• Baisle Saulnier
    March 26, 2014 - 06:51

I seen one many years ago on what is now called Ceader Lake Rd. Outside side of Lake Doucette Digby Co. My dad and a trapper followed the tracks and verified that it was a cougar.. This would of been around 1960..

• Scott Ritchie
    March 25, 2014 - 16:45

This year while my wife and I were snowshoeing, I saw several animal tracks in my day old snow shoe tracks that I cannot identify . They were at least 3-4 inches across and almost perfectly round, 3-4 inches deep in the fluffy snow. A cougar was the only animal that I could see making this size track.

• Andrew
    March 25, 2014 - 13:55

They have had quite a few sightings in Annapolis County as well.

• paulette
      March 31, 2014 - 20:58

I was driving on the highway just passing bridgetown going towards cornwallis and I looked over and saw a black cougar walking out of the woods. It was early morning. This was about 5 years ago.