Spontaneous combustion causes fire at Magee Lake C&D site

Kirk Starratt
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

New Minas firefighters provided mutual aid to Kentville on Feb. 17 as that department was battling a fire at the construction and demolition debris disposal site on North River Road.

Spontaneous combustion caused a fire this morning. 

 Kings County fire departments battled a stubborn fire for several hours at the construction and demolition debris disposal site on North River Road in Magee Lake the afternoon of Feb. 17.

Kentville Fire Chief Ryan MacEachern said the call came in at around 11 a.m. and the fire was pretty much out by 3:45 p.m.

Mutual aid was provided by the New Minas, Greenwich, Canning and Waterville and District fire departments. All sent tankers and human resources to the scene.

Geographic location: Magee Lake, Kings, North River Road

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

  • Alex
    February 22, 2014 - 10:20

    You guys do know that spontaneous combustion is a THEORY that has no scientific backing whatsoever right? No one has been able to prove that spontaneous combustion is a real occurrence. Spontaneous combustion is one of those things they talk about on sci-fi shows about aliens and bigfoot. Congratulations on your ignorance.