• At 11 a.m., Canning firefighters responded to a report of a fire in a large pile of scrap metal and other waste materials on Highway 358 in Arlington near the Lookoff.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to a small portion of the large pile.
Port Williams and Kentville firefighters were dispatched in mutual aid, with Kentville also providing a vehicle to stand in at the Canning station. Waterville and District firefighters were dispatched in turn to stand in at the Kentville station.
• Kentville firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at a residence in Centreville at 2 p.m.
• At 3:55 p.m., Waterville and District firefighters responded to render assistance to a parachutist who had landed in a driveway on Cambridge Road.
EHS paramedics also responded to the scene. The victim refused treatment, and the incident turned out to be nothing too serious.
• Around 2 p.m., Greenwich firefighters responded to a report of a car fire on the Highway 101 access near Horton High School. It turned out there was no fire, and the vehicle was only overheated.
• Greenwich firefighters responded to a two-vehicle collision at the lights in Greenwich around 7 p.m.
• At 12:30 p.m., Kentville firefighters responded to a fire alarm sounding at the Cornwallis Inn in Kentville. It turned out to be a false alarm, the result of work being done on the alarm system.