Grand-Pré National Historic Site had a visit from the Google Maps team to collect imagery for Google Street View. The visit was part of Google’s new partnership with Parks Canada, which will bring Google Street View's 360-degree panoramic imagery to all of Canada's national parks and national historic sites. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
Marg’s Glad Garden - Brooklyn St., Grafton, bouquets for all occasions, for a donation to The Margaret Salsman Cancer Care Memorial Fund.
• North Alton Jam Session – 7-10 p.m., door prize, 50/50, lunch. Donation at the door.
• Kentville Lions Ticket Auction - tickets 20 for $1, viewing 10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., draw starts at 2 p.m. Proceeds benefit Lions service work.
• Chicken Barbecue – at the Scott’s Bay Community Hall Association, 5 pm. $10. Proceeds to the SBCHA for hall upkeep.
• Centreville Park Day - 9 a.m. ball tournament, kids games, music, car show, yard sale and canteen. At dusk, fireworks, cake and hot chocolate. Rain date Aug. 25. More information 678-7209
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 and over. Music by Appaloosa.
• Fire Truck Show and Shine -Kentville Volunteer Fire Department 125th Anniversary, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Municipality of the County of Kings, parking lot, 87 Cornwallis St. Registration starts at 8 a.m. Canteen and washroom on site. For information: email@example.com or call 670-1957
• Breakfast - St. James' Anglican Church Hall, 18 Prospect Avenue, Kentville, 8-10 a.m. Minimum donation $6. Handcraft table on site.
• Harbourville High Tide Festival - on the wharf, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission $2, children free, live entertainment, BBQ, carnival games, dunk tank, scallop shucking, water races, fishing contest. To volunteer, phone 538- 7672 or 670- 6286 Hosted by the Harbourville Restoration Society. Proceeds to community hall and the wharf.
• East Dalhousie Fair - at the Community Centre. Horse, pony, ox pulls, arts and crafts, parade at 2 p.m., musical entertainment all afternoon, meals in hall, canteen, merchandise Bingo and more
• Cemetery Service - Torbrook Mines United Church, 2p.m. Speaker Rev. Joy Noble. All plot-holders are urged to attend. Donations for cemetery maintenance appreciated.
• Covenanter Summer Service - with speaker Rev. Dr. Linda Winton, organist Angela Pound and Thea Burton. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m. at The Forest Hill Baptist Church. Special music will be Redemption, John Keddy and Sherri Stevens. Refreshments will be served. Everyone welcome.
• Senior’s Potluck - bring your favourite dish for a picnic, noon to 2 p.m., at the Kentville Research Station picnic grounds to launch the 2013-2014 program calendar of Acadia Lifelong Learning courses. all.openacadia.ca or 585-1434
• Giant Yard Sale - Greenwich Fire Hall
8 a.m. to 12 p.m. All proceeds to the Black River Community Hall rebuilding fund
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 and over. Music by Bev.