By Wendy Elliott
Six United Church properties in eastern Kings County went up for sale on March 13.
The properties and their asking prices are:
• Wolfville manse on Seaview Avenue $299,500
• St. Andrew’s Church, Wolfville $470,500
• Greenwich United Church $180,500
• St. Stephen and St. Paul, Kentville $699,500
• Trinity United, Upper Canard $69,500
• New Minas United Church $450,500.
Halifax consultant Zac Skebo of NAI Turner Drake and Partners Ltd. Commercial Real Estate Services said last week that his firm has been hired to represent the Orchard Valley Pastoral Charge of the United Church of Canada in marketing the six properties.
“We are currently putting together more marketing material,” he said.
The eastern Valley congregations merged last July after voting the previous fall to explore a joint future. More than 70 per cent of the six congregations voted in favour of investigating the proposal.
Heating old, drafty church buildings had become a significant issue for many congregations in the Valley.
Trinity United Church in Canning, which is over 100 years old, has already been sold.