Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Benefit Fundraiser - 7-10 p.m. at the Cornwallis Inn Ballroom, Kentville. Freewill offering at the door. Auction, raffle and 50/50 tickets. Talent by Basil Davidson (MC), Bunker Spencer and Greg Moore, David Arenburg and more. All proceeds to Cliff Roberts to help with medications. Call Donna Spencer at 582-7068 to donate items.
• Karaoke – At the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #73, Canning. Music by Bev. 9 p.m. Open to everyone 19 plus. Cover charge $2 at the door
• Skating Party - All Kings County 4-H members, leaders, family and friends are invited to a skating party at the Apple Dome Arena, Berwick, 6:45-8:45 p.m. Hot chocolate, snacks, door prizes and fun games for all. $2 per person or $5 per family, for more information contact Mark Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 582-3745.
• Breakfast – 7 to 10:30 a.m., held by the Centreville Good Neighbour Club. Freewill offering.
• Breakfast – Coldbrook Lions’ all-you-can-eat. Freewill offering. Info: Marsh, 692.0579.
• Lenten Retreat – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Women of Faith, St. Joseph’s Church, Kentville. Potluck. Register: 684-9068 or email@example.com.
• Workshop – 10 a.m. to noon. Free workshops helping women with cancer deal with appearance-related side effects. Valley Regional Hospital. Registration required: 679-2835.
• St. Patrick’s Day Dinner – 4:30 to 6 p.m. All Saints’ Anglican Church, Pleasant Street, Kingston. Stuffed pork loin. $12. Tickets available from Gordie Skanes, 825-6118.
• Music Night - 7 p.m. Kingston Lions’ Hall. Featuring Just For Fun, Hughie McDonell and Wendy Lynn. $5.
• Al Bernard Magic Show - 10:30 a.m., Berwick town hall gym. Everyone welcome.
• Breakfast – at the North Alton Community Hall, 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children 10 and under $3.
• Lions Breakfast - Wolfville & District Lions Club monthly breakfast, 7 to 10 a.m. at the Lions Hall, Elm Ave. Wolfville. Adults $6, children under 10 years $3. Proceeds towards Lions Community Services.
• St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast - Scott’s Bay Community Hall Association annual St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast, 8 to 10 a.m. at the community hall, $5; Children 12 and under $2.50. Proceeds to hall association for up keep. Call Jerry at 582-7489 for more information.
• Dance - Kentville Legion Dance, 9:30 p.m., $6 per person. Music by Big Deal.
• Church Breakfast - at the Aylesford United Church, 8-11 a.m. Freewill offering. Sponsored by the Committee of Stewards for church expenses.
• St. Patrick’s Day Supper – 4 p.m. Forties Community Centre, Forties Road, New Ross. Corn beef and cabbage, carrots, potatoes, dessert, tea and coffee. Adults, $11; children five to 12, $5.50; children under five, $2.50. Info: 689-2000 or 689-2612.
• Hymn Sing – at Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church, 7 p.m. with Band2Gether. Freewill offering, fellowship and refreshments to follow.
• Flea Market - Kentville Legion Flea Market, 8 a.m. to noon, admission $1. Wheelchair accessible, canteen available, 678-8935
Soccer Meeting - Port Williams Soccer Association's annual general meeting, 7 p.m., in the Port Williams Elementary School library.
• Blood Donor Clinic - 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m., Kentville Fire Hall. Sponsored by the Kentville Lions Club.
• Lunch – VON Lunch Bunch will be held at noon at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, Berwick. $8.
• Luncheon - Port Williams United Baptist Church soup/chowder luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the church. $8 admission, children under 12 free. Take out available.
• Wine Talk – at the Wolfville Fire Hall, 2 p.m. Lorraine Vassalio, co-owner and operator of Avondale Sky Winery in Avondale, Hants County, will talk about the development of the winery and moving an old church from Walton by barge to serve as the winery’s customer centre.
• Jam Session – At the Cambridge Community Centre, 7 p.m. . Bring the talent or enjoy the music. Please bring your favourite treats/sweets for a lunch. Freewill offering at the door.
• Roast Beef Dinner – held by the Wolfville and District Lions, 5-6:30 p.m., at the Lions Hall on Elm Ave. Tickets $12 per person, under 10 years $6. Available from any Wolfville and District Lions member, at the Save Easy or at the door. Proceeds to Lions Community Projects.
• Ham and Scallop Supper – hosted by the Lakeville Women’s Institute at the Lakeville Hall, 4:30 to 6 p.m. $10 per person, $25 per family with children 12 or under. Proceeds for hall maintenance.
• Ticket Auction - Diabetes Association Ticket Auction at West Kings High School, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Twenty tickets for $1. All proceeds are going towards helping a West Kings teacher raise $6,000 for the Diabetes Association. Bake goods, hot dog sale.
• Washer Toss - Kentville Legion Washer Toss, registration 9:30 a.m., with start at 10 a.m. $5 per player. For more information, call 678-8935
• Release Concert - Matt Balsor will hold a release concert for his new gospel CD, Back to the Cross, at Horton High School as a fundraiser for the school’s Safe Grad Program. Featuring The Glorylanders, 7 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.). Tickets are $8 and available only at the door.
• Variety Show - 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., at the Forties Community Centre, New Ross. $5 per person, canteen available. For more information, call 689-2000 or 689-2612
• Legion Variety Show - 1:30 p.m. at the Wolfville Legion, $5 per person, canteen, 50/50. For more, call James 542-9115. Proceeds go to the Wolfville Legion.