By Amy Woolvett
THE COAST GUARD
The RCMP set up a command centre in Woods Harbour as police took over the investigation into the loss of the Miss Ally and the five fishermen missing since Sunday night when their boat capsized.
The RCMP took over the case from the Joint Rescue Command Centre on Tuesday night when it became a missing persons case.
“We are gathering all of the information from the search teams,” said Cpl. Scott MacRae with the RCMP.
- Read more special articles :
- - “Some very difficult, emotional days ahead”
- - Miss Ally’s final voyage recalled
- - Wheelhouse gone, no bodies found say divers
- - Big risks for divers on capsized boat --expert
He said that the RCMP met privately with the families on Wednesday night .
“Officials have been engaged with the families to try to provide their wishes,” he said.
Many family members want a dive team to search the capsized vessel, which was at last report still near the surface
He could not say at that time what the next steps were for the RCMP.
“We will see what today brings.”