WINDSOR, N.S. — Windsor firefighters made short work of a chimney fire on Alexander Street near suppertime Nov. 21.
About a dozen firefighters attended the 4:10 p.m. call, said Windsor Deputy Fire Chief Jamie Juteau.
“It was called in as a chimney fire and that's what it was when we got here,” said Juteau, noting that they extinguished the fire and used a chain to ensure the chimney was clear.
With the onset of cooler weather, Juteau said people need to be proactive and get their chimneys cleaned.
“It is that time of the year so anybody that is using a chimney or wood stove, make sure that they're cleaned and inspected,” he said. “You should have a professional WETT certified inspector in, a service person to come and check that just to make sure that everything is fine.”
For a homeowners' guide to wood heating, visit: https://www.efficiencyns.ca/guide/homeowners-guide-to-wood-heating/