Dr. Hussam Abu-Seido
©South West Health photo
Another new family physician has been recruited to the Digby area and will start accepting new patients on Friday, June 20.
Dr. Hussam Abu-Seido joins South West Health after practicing as a family physician in the United Kingdom, where he received his training in family medicine. He also worked as a consultant family physician at Saad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia.
Both Dr. Abu-Seido and recently settled Digby phnysician Dr. Pejman Nourian will accept new patients through an expanded telephone application process on June 20, starting at 3 p.m.
The number of patients being accepted has been increased to 500 at this time.
Along with accepting more patients at one time, the time of the telephone request process has been increased and moved to the end of the day to make it more convenient for people who work during the day.
Telephone intakes can fill quickly. An intake of 100 new patients for the office of family physician Dr. Pejman Nourian was completed in about 90 minutes on Jan. 31. Nourian, who opened his Digby practice last November, has several intakes each of 100 patients. He also accepted a number of people from the former patient list of Dr. Vladimir Lafkovici.
People interested in being considered as a patient of Dr. Abu-Seido or Dr. Nourian, note that patients will be accepted by phone on Friday, June 20, during the following time: from 3 to 6 p.m. or until 500 patients are accepted.
· Telephone requests will be accepted at (902) 245-3025.
· Please have MSI number, date-of-birth, and current phone number when you call.
· A total of 500 patients will be accepted at the above time. After 500 patients, the registration process will close. An announcement will be made when patients are being accepted again.
· The physician’s offices are NOT able to keep a waiting list.
· People will only be considered who do not currently have a primary health provider (a family physician or nurse practitioner) in the South West Health region of Digby, Shelburne and Yarmouth counties.
· First priority will be given to the residents of Digby County.
· Please do not call with a list of names of friends or extended family members. Dr. Abu-Seido and Dr. Nourian are only able to consider you and your immediate family members (spouse, parent or children).
There will be more upcoming opportunities to become a patient of Dr. Abu-Seido or Dr. Nourian. The physicians will be accepting more patients at a later date. An announcement will be made at that time. All announcements about family physicians accepting new patients are shared with the local media, and posted on the South West Health website: www.swndha.nshealth.ca