Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• First World War Poetry - Gwen Davies,co-editor of Canadian Poetry from the Beginnings through the First World War, speaks on the Canadian poetry and prose of the First World War, 7:30 p.m., at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall, Wolfville. Admission free - donations welcome
• Hot Casserole luncheon - at Christ Church hall, Berwick, $10. Runs from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Christmas Show - Royal Canadian Legion, Wolfville and the Wolfville Historical Society shows "Joyeux Noël, Happy Christmas," 7:30 p.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion, Wolfville. Admission free, donations welcome.
• Horse and Ox Pull - at the Blue Mountain Fair Grounds. Scale closes at 11:30 a.m. Breakfast 8-10:30 a.m., $4 per plate; canteen facilities available; bean and salad supper 4:30-6 p.m., $8 per plate. Admission to the grounds $2. Info: 679-3254 after 6 p.m. or leave a message
• Explore Evangeline Beach - The Valley Trekkers invite walkers to join them as they explore the Evangeline Beach area to discover some of the Fundy coastline. Meet at the Robie Tufts Monument, Front Street, Wolfville at 9:30 a.m. and car pool to the start point at 10 a.m. Info: 902- 847-1772.
• Flower and Vegetable Show – 1-4 p.m. at NSCC Kingstec Campus. Refreshments, door prizes, admission free. To enter cut flowers, vegetables, arrangements, baked goods contact Susan at 542-0878, or Jafo@Magma.ca
• Country Breakfast - Black River Community Hall from 8-10 a.m. Freewill donation, all proceeds going for up keep of the hall.
• Pie and Dessert Auction - 7:30 p.m. in the Scott’s Bay Community Hall. Proceeds for hall upkeep. For more information, contact Jerry at 582-7489 or Hope at 582-3603.
• Quilts & Crafts Sale - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the St. John's Parish Hall, corner of Hwy 358 and Church Street, Port Williams. Freewill admission
• Brunch - 10 a.m. to noon at the Forest Hill Baptist Church, $8, proceeds for church purposes
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9 p.m. to midnight, must be 19 and over, bar and kitchen available, $7 per person. Music by Rte 12
• Hodge Podge Supper - Forties Community Centre, 1787 Forties Road, New Ross.Doors open at 4 p.m., serving starts 4:30 p.m. Adults $11, children five to 12 $5.50, under five $2.50 Call 689-2612 or 689-2000
• Benefit Ticket Auction - with bake sale, yard sale at the Coldbrook Lions Hall, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 50/50 and children’s activities available. All proceeds go to Lewis MacDonald for medical expenses. Ticket draw at 2 p.m.
• Church Service – at Covenanter Church, Grand Pré, 11 a.m. Speaker Rev. Bruce Matthews, organists Krisy Keech and Angela Pound. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
• Drive-In Concert - the Kings Community Concert Band will present a drive-in concert 7 p.m. at Kentville's Centre Square Pavillion. Free admission.
• Bible School - Port Williams Baptist Church, 9-11:45 a.m. daily. Free morning of games, crafts, music stories and snacks. Open to children age four to the end of Grade 5. Participants are asked to bring non-perishable food for the food bank.
Info or pre-register: 542-3495 or email email@example.com
• Bible School - at Waterville Baptist Church, 1243 Mill St., Waterville each afternoon, 1-3:30 p.m. Theme: Son Treasure Island. Ages four to 12, for more info, call Donna, 538-8490.
• New Ross Community Fair - Route 12, adults $5 (two-day pass $8), five to 12 $2, under five free. Home-cooked meals, adults $10, five to 12 $3, under five free. Two days full days of events. Info: Debbie at 689-2737 or 689-2115 during the fair.
• Coldbrook Lions Dance - 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., $6 per person. Music by Rte 12
• Coldbrook Lions Breakfast - all you can eat, 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children three to 12 $3, under three free
• Potluck and Flea Market – fundraiser for H.A.R.T., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Berwick Fire Hall, admission $8, jewelry sales and more
• High Tide Festival - 11 a.m. in Harbourville, freewill offering, events for young and old. For more information, www.harbourville.ca
• Ladies Auxiliary Crib Tournament - at the Kentville Legion. Registration 12:30 p.m., play 1 p.m. $20 per team upstairs. Lunch provided
• Fundraiser - Kings Historical Love in Bloom fundraiser, 2-3:30 p.m., at Prescott House Museum, Port Williams. Theatre, refreshments and music. Fancy period attire encouraged, prize for best dressed. Tickets, $12, available at 37 Cornwallis St., Kentville. Info: 678-6237
• Church Service - Covenanter Church, Grand Pré. 11 a.m. service, speaker Marge Van Binsbergen. Organists Krisy Keech and Angela Pound. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.