Recently, the Horton High School Class of 1994 held its 20th high school reunion in the Port Williams Park. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., $7 per person, must be 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Appaloosa
• Garden Show and Dessert Tea – held by Champlain Garden Club, 2-5 p.m., at the legion Community Center, 66 Victoria St. Annapolis Royal. Forms available at the historic Gardens. Please bring specimens and arrangements to the Legion 8-10 a.m. Saturday. Admission $5. Info: 532-0834, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Morden Breakfast - at the community hall from 8-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering. All proceeds are for the Morden Community Hall.
• Hantsport and District Lions Club Breakfast – 7-10 a.m. at the St. Andrews Church Hall, Chittick Ave. Hantsport. $6 per person, Children six to 12 years $3, five and under free. Proceeds for Lions Community Service programs.
• Ticket Auction - Forest Hill Baptist Church, viewing 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Auction at 1 p.m. Bake table , barbecue with hot dogs, tea, coffee, pop. Proceeds for church.
• Church Breakfast - St. James Anglican Church Hall, 18 Prospect Avenue, Kentville, 8-10 a.m. Minimum donation $6. Craft table on site.
• Service - Covenanter Church, Grand Pré, 11 a.m., speaker Rev. Peter Robbins, organist Krisy Keech and Angela Pound. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m. at Forest Hill Baptist Church. Special music by Street Level Ministry. Rev. Manthorne will lead the Hymn Sing, refreshments served. Proceeds for church purposes.
• Barbecue – MP Scott Brison’s annual Kings-Hants summer barbecue, featuring Kevin Davison & The Smokin Section Band, 3-6 p.m. at Kip’s Beach, Cheverie (rain location Summerville Fire Hall) Info: 1-888-585-0550 or email@example.com
• Hope and Healing - Covenanter Church, Grand Pré, service of Hope and Healing, 5:55 p.m. Organists Krisy Keech and Angela Pound. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
• Tea Service - Kings County Museum demonstration of the “Way of Tea,” 2 p.m. in the courtroom of the Kings County Museum. Noriko Kato and Hitomi Igasaki (both of Sapporo, Japan) will conduct the ceremony. Held in conjunction with the “East Meets West” exhibit. Free, donations accepted. Info: 678-6237 or www.okcm.ca.
July 28 – Aug. 1
• Weird Animals Vacation Bible School - 9:30 a.m. to noon daily at the Middleton Baptist Church. Children ages 3 to 11 are invited to participate in this wacky animal themed camp. Register: 825-3537. www.middletonbaptist.com
• Country Music Variety Show - 7 p.m. at the Hall's Harbour Fundy View Community Centre, Hwy. 359. Canteen available, 50/50, $5 adults, children $2.50 at the door. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Berwick Lions Breakfast – 8-10 a.m. at the Berwick's Apple Dome Building, 250 Veteran's Drive. Freewill offering
• Fish Chowder Supper - 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Hall's Harbour Fire Hall, 3580 Hwy 359, Hall's Harbour. Adults $12, children $6, Take-outs available. www.hallsharbour.org
• Church Service - Covenanter Church, Grand Pré, 11 a.m. Speaker Annita Sangster. Organists Krisy Keech and Angela Pound. Lemonade on the lawn to follow.
• Crib Tournament - 1787 Forties Road, New Ross. Doors open at noon, registration at 12:30 p.m. Play at 1 p.m. $20/team. Canteen available. Info: 689-2147
• Meat Draw - at the RCL Br. 098, Kingston, 2 p.m. Five packages drawn following every 30 tickets sold. Win your Saturday night barbecue meat.
• Horse and Ox Pull - at the Blue Mountain Fair Grounds. Scale closes at 11:30 a.m. Breakfast 8-10:30 a.m., $4 per plate; canteen facilities available; bean and salad supper 4:30-6 p.m., $8 per plate. Admission to the grounds $2. Info: 679-3254 after 6 p.m. or leave a message
• Hodge Podge Supper - Forties Community Centre, 1787 Forties Road, New Ross.Doors open at 4 p.m., serving starts 4:30 p.m. Adults $11, children five to 12 $5.50, under five $2.50 Call 689-2612 or 689-2000
• Bible School - Port Williams Baptist Church, 9-11:45 a.m. daily. Free morning of games, crafts, music stories and snacks. Open to children age four to the end of Grade 5. Participants are asked to bring non-perishable food for the food bank.
Info or pre-register: 542-3495 or email email@example.com