The Kentville Wildcats Midget AAA team will play at the national championships in Quebec Aug. 15-18. - Jennifer Vardy Little photo
The Kentville Wildcats Midget AAA team will begin their quest for the Canada Cup on Aug. 15 at 12:30 p.m. The Kentville squad is representing Nova Scotia at the 18U Midget Championships in Trois-Riviéres, Quebec.
They’ll first face off against the team from Manitoba at 12:30 p.m. and will then play Newfoundland at 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 15.
On Aug. 16, the Wildcats are scheduled to play New Brunswick at 3:30 p.m. and PEI at 9:30 p.m.
On Aug. 17, the Wildcats will play Saskatchewan at noon for the final game in round robin play. Playoffs will begin at 8:30 p.m. that evening, with the tournament concluding on Aug. 18.
Coach Derek Atwater says he believes the team has a good chance of doing well at the tournament. Read a story about their hopes for the tournament HERE.
- Read more special articles:
- Midget AAA Wildcats playing final game at nationals, end in 10th place in standings
- UPDATED Midget AAA Wildcats lose to Saskatchewan 5-4 in extra innings at nationals
- UPDATED Midget AAA Wildcats defeat PEI 1-0 at nationals
- UPDATED Midget AAA Wildcats lose in extra innings to NB
Read a story about their play at the national elimination tournament, which won them a berth at nationals, HERE.
See a slideshow of photos and stats of each of the Wildcat players HERE.
Follow KingsCountyNews.ca for updates on each game.