The Yarmouth Y Whitecaps attended the Senior and Junior Nike Long Course Championships sponsored by the Halifax Trojans this past weekend at Dalplex.
The senior women and men were each 5th overall. The junior men were also 5th overall. Teams from across Nova Scotia participated.
The senior Whitecap results are as follows:
• Mary Beth Brown was 1st in the 13-14 Girls 50 Free and 50 Breast, 3rd in the 50 Fly and 100 Fly and 4th in the 200 Free.
• Hannah Doucette was 3rd in the 13-14 Girls 50 Free, 4th in the 50 Fly, 5th in the 100 Back and 7th in the 100 Free.
• Cameron Boudreau was 4th in the 15 and over 200 Breast and 6th in the 50 Breast.
• Josh Bower was 8th in the 15 and over 50 Breast and 8th in the 50 Free.
• Dylan Bower was 9th in the 50 Free.
The junior Nike results for the Whitecaps were as follows:
• In the 12 and under girls category, Isabelle Olsen was 8th in the 50 Back.
• In the 12 and under boys category Alec d’Entremont was 7th in the 50 Breast, and 8th in the 200 Breast.
• In the 13-14 girls category, Jenna Clayton was 8th in the 200 Back and 100 Breast.
Brittany Paulick was 6th in the 50 Breast.
• In the 13-14 boys category, Ian Bullerwell was 2nd in the 50 and 100 Breast, 3rd in the 50 Back and 4th in the 200 Back. Brock Emin was 2nd in the 100 Fly and 8th in the 50 Fly. Drew Doucet was 7th in the 50 Back.
• In the 15 and over female category, Kylie Bullerwell was 3rd in the 200IM, 4th in the 200 Back, 6th in the 50 Back and 8th in the 50 Fly.
• In the 15 and over male category, Andre d’Entremont was 1st in the 200 Fly, 1st in the 200 IM, 2nd in the 50 Fly, 3rd in the 50 Back.