In a tightly fought game, Nova Scotia's team led Mary Fay lost to BC team Van Osch in curling this morning.
Nova Scotia and BC were playing for the 4 p.m. slot in the finals against Alberta in the women's M&M Meat Shop Canadian Juniors this morning.
BC came out strong in the first end, bringing in two points, but NS came back in the third with a shot that brought the crowd to their feet and tied the game. Both teams went back and forth before Nova Scotia tied the tenth end 4-4.
- Read more special articles:
- Manitoba win the men's curling finals
- Alberta takes women's junior curling championship
- Team Fay defeated in semifinals at Canadian Juniors
- Curling championship an "unreal" experience
In overtime BC managed to pick up the point and take the game.
As team Nova Scotia left the ice they were treated to a standing ovation by the hometown crowd, who were easily the most vocally supportive during the game.