He has become an international phenomenon for his enthusiasic weather reports and Frankie MacDonald has a warning for Nova Scotians today, "Be prepared."
MacDonald's home videos of weather warnings have been picked up by news and radio media across the country, into the United States and across the Atlantic Ocean. If there's a weather warning, MacDonald's reports have become as popular as traditional media and has earned him guest spots on television and radio stations.
For today, when 40-50 cm of snow are expected in the province, Cape Breton's MacDonald has delivered a warning for Nova Scotians to stay inside, order their Chinese food and have their cellphones charged in advance of the weather.
- Read more special articles:
- New Minas family had rocky trip home from Cuba during spring blizzard
- Berwick firefighters called out during March 26 blizzard
- Missing, elderly dog reunited with family thanks to Nova Scotia blizzard clean up crew
- Fire trucks respond on bad roads during storm
To view our live coverage of today's storm and send us your own comments and pictures, visit Nova Scotia Storm Watch.
To view MacDonald's weather warning for today, click here.