By Kirk Starratt
The County of Kings won’t be further pursuing the matter of a Utility and Review Board decision allowing the Village of New Minas to expand.
Following an in-camera discussion at Kings County council Feb. 11, Warden Diana Brothers said council had decided in consultation with staff that they aren’t going to pursue the matter any further. However, there weren’t any official motions coming out of the closed-door legal discussion.
- Read more special articles :
- - UPDATED: Village of New Minas good to grow
- - UARB decision on New Minas expansion not expected until January
- - New Minas expansion hearing continues
- - June UARB hearing for New Minas boundary expansion
“We value our relationship with the New Minas village office,” Brothers said Feb. 12.
Kings County councillor Pauline Raven declared a conflict of interest before council went in-camera for the discussion on the Utility and Review Board decision. She is among the landowners who will have property south of Highway 101 annexed by the village.