© Jennifer Hoegg - Kingscountynews.ca
Kentville's Colonial Avenue remains closed July 8, four days after Arthur struck.
Provincial road crews are working to clear several roads throughout the South Shore and the Annapolis Valley that are closed due to downed trees and branches.
In many areas where there are downed powerlines, crews are working with powerline crews and will remove the trees when it is safe to do so. Alternate routes are available. Crews will work as quickly as possible to get all roads open.
- Read more special articles:
- Editorial: Nova Scotia Power has hard lessons to learn
- EDITORIAL: Stand up for Nova Scotians, Premier McNeil
- One story of powerlessness and frustration from Bear River
- McNeil: Nova Scotia Powerâs response to Arthur 'unacceptable'
Information on closed roads can be found on the department's website.