Two provincial parks in Shelburne County will be closed tonight and all day Saturday due to the oncoming storm.
Campers at Islands Provincial Park in Shelburne were being told to leave by 5 p.m. Friday. The Sand Hills Provincial Park will be closed tonight at dusk and will not reopen on Saturday.
- Read more special articles:
- Editorial: Nova Scotia Power has hard lessons to learn
- EDITORIAL: Stand up for Nova Scotians, Premier McNeil
- One story of powerlessness and frustration from Bear River
- McNeil: Nova Scotia Power’s response to Arthur 'unacceptable'
The parks will remain closed until at least Sunday when Natural Resources personnel will inspect them for damage.