Kentville Justice Centre
Two men facing first degree murder charges will be back in court in July.
Kyle David James Fredericks, 25, and Daniel Wayne Surette, 26, both from the Berwick area, were charged on April 25 with first-degree murder in the death of Lawrence, a 62-year-old homeless man who died in a bus shelter fire on Berwick's Commercial Street Oct. 23, 2013.
- Read more special articles:
- TIMELINE: The night Harley Lawrence was murdered
- 'I hate them terribly for taking away my brother': Harley Lawrence's family shares grief in victim impact statements
- Sense of disbelief over Lawrence murder lingers in Berwick
- Brother of man burned to death in Berwick bus shelter: 'It won’t ever be over'
Both men were present in Kentville provincial court June 24, but their case has been put off for almost a month. They will return to court on July 23 to set dates for a preliminary inquiry, likely to happen in February.