• At 11:44 a.m., Canning firefighters responded to a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Middle Dyke Road and Highway 341. There were no injuries.
• Kentville firefighters responded to a report of a two-vehicle collision on Reid Road in Steam Mill at 1:20 p.m.
Kings RCMP, who also attended the scene, confirmed both vehicles involved were motorcycles, which had been travelling together.
Both drivers were reportedly transported to hospital to be checked out. Their injuries were not thought to be serious.
• At 3:15 p.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a brush fire on Colonial Crescent in New Minas.
• At 4:30 p.m., Waterville and District firefighters responded to a report of a grass fire on Woodville Road. The fire, which started as a controlled burn of some bushes and tress, got away and burned around an acre of grass.
Firefighters were able to get the fire out within an hour of their arrival. According to department spokesperson Kevin Ernest, the blaze “got close to a barn, but the barn was never in any immediate danger.” No mutual aid was required.
• New Minas firefighters responded to a two-vehicle collision on Commercial Street, with no serious injuries, just after 7:30 p.m.