• At 10:30 p.m., Kentville firefighters responded to a report of a car on fire on Pelton Mountain Road in Lakeville. It turned out an electrical malfunction had filled the interior of the vehicle with smoke and there was no actual fire.
• Shortly after midnight, Kentville firefighters responded to a fire alarm sounding at the Foodland store in Coldbrook. It turned out cleaners had set off the alarm by mistake.
• At 3:30 a.m., Wolfville firefighters responded to a fire on top of a stove on Catherine Court in Wolfville. Firefighters had to ventilate smoke from the space.
• Around 3 p.m., Wolfville firefighters responded in mutual aid to Hantsport to the scene of a single-vehicle collision in Lockhartville.
• At 7:20 p.m., Wolfville firefighters responded, as a silent alarm, to a carbon monoxide detector sounding in a residence on Chestnut Avenue.
• At 3:41 p.m., Wolfville firefighters responded to a two-vehicle collision on Main Street in Wolfville.
• Waterville and District firefighters responded to a power pole on fire next to the fire hall in Cambridge at 6:30 p.m. The fire melted the conduit running down the pole, knocking out power to the fire hall for a time, but the fire hall’s generator kicked in. Firefighters extinguished the fire and kept the scene secure until a Nova Scotia Power crew arrived around 9:30 p.m.
• Also at 6:30 p.m., Waterville and District firefighters were called to a flooded basement at a residence on Rafuse Road, and remained on scene for about an hour.
• At 8:30 a.m., Canning firefighters responded to a report of a flooded basement on church Street in Kingsport.
• Wolfville firefighters responded to a report of a flooded basement on Grand Pré Road in Grand Pré at 10 a.m. A pipe had broken, resulting in a lot of water in the basement that had to be pumped out.