Nova Scotians are being asked to check on their neighbours and elderly people in the areas hardest hit by post-tropical storm Arthur to see if they need any help.
Power outages are now moving into the fourth day and many Nova Scotians are dealing with medical equipment issues, loss of battery power, lack of water, and spoiled food.
- Read more special articles:
- Editorial: Nova Scotia Power has hard lessons to learn
- EDITORIAL: Stand up for Nova Scotians, Premier McNeil
- One story of powerlessness and frustration from Bear River
- McNeil: Nova Scotia Power’s response to Arthur 'unacceptable'
Nova Scotia Power crews are working to restore power, concentrated in mostly the western and central regions of the province.
Call 1-877-428-6004 to receive information on estimated restoration time in your area.