The Nova Star unloading vehicles and passengers at the Yarmouth ferry terminal. TINA COMEAU PHOTO
Nova Star cruises has cancelled several runs over the next few days due to an approaching weather system.
In a special announcement released late Friday morning, the company said:
"Hurricane Arthur is continuing to get stronger so, due to safety considerations for our passengers and crew, these voyages have been cancelled:
• Portland-to-Yarmouth on July 4
• Yarmouth-to-Portland on July 5
All affected passengers are welcome to change their reservations to the next available date or any sailing in the future. Or, they can cancel their reservations without penalty.
- Read more special articles:
- MLA booted from legislature during Yarmouth ferry debate
- Province giving Nova Star $5 million more as season ends; service costs to be audited
- Nova Star CEO ranks 1st season 5 out of 10; company, others look ahead to next season
- Crewmember dies aboard Nova Star ferry
Passengers can call the reservation center at 866-864-6295
Nova Star will remain docked in Portland for 24 hours, and is expected to depart Portland at the usual time at 9 p.m. local time on the evening of July 5. Service from Yarmouth will resume on the morning of July 6.