As of 8 a.m. Nova Scotia Power reported on its website that 15,000 customers across the province are without power. The outages, which began yesterday, are being attributed to high winds and snow from a late season storm system that ripped through the province.
Areas in Kings County that are in the dark include Centreville, Billtown, Steam Mill Village, Glenmont, Baxters Harbour, Lakeville, Halls Harbour and Sheffield Mills and surrounding areas. Areas further west through Waterville, Aylesford and in Harbourville have also been affected, as are locations in Millville, Kingston, Nicholsville and surrounding areas. Approximately 800 households are still affected in these communities.
- Read more special articles:
- New Minas family had rocky trip home from Cuba during spring blizzard
- Berwick firefighters called out during March 26 blizzard
- Missing, elderly dog reunited with family thanks to Nova Scotia blizzard clean up crew
- Fire trucks respond on bad roads during storm
NSP hopes to have power fully restored by late morning in some locations or by 6 p.m. this evening.
For details consult the NSP outage map at http://outagemap.nspower.ca/en/home/livepoweroutagemap.aspx