The company that has partnered with Nova Star Cruises to run the reservation service for the ferry service between Yarmouth and Portland is accepting résumés for passenger service agents in Yarmouth.
Intergy of Bedford says they’ve already received a number of résumés but they’re hoping for more.
“We have received a number of resumes and we are beginning interviews next week and training the first week of April,” says Clarke Squires, president and chief operating officer of Intergy Applied Hospitality Solutions.
Squires had previously said they were looking to fill, at this stage, six to eight positions. He now says, however, that they've updated their projections and up to 16 full and part-time positions will be filled in Yarmouth. These are seasonal positions.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of those hired will include:
• Completing reservations for guests in sales and service-oriented environment for hotels, cruise ferry passage and other hospitality such products
• Responding to email inquiries from guests
• Retrieving and responding to phone messages
• Performing off phone activities during idle periods
• Checking in guests for Nova Star Cruises at the terminal
• Checking in guests for Nova Star Cruises at the vehicle entrance
• Verifying passport credentials for entrance on vessel
• And other duties as assigned.
As for what the company is hoping for from perspective employees:
• Fluency in both official languages (French and English) is preferred
• Inter-personal and communication skills (written and oral)
• The ability to work with a variety of computer programs and software
• Exceptional customer service experience or education
• Basic understanding of front desk function in hotel an asset
• A Background in the Hospitality field is preferred
People can submit résumés by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Intergy, 30 Damascus Rd, Suite 201 Bedford, Nova Scotia, B4A 0C1.