By Jonathan Riley
Digby public work crews used a backhoe to clear ice, debris and seawater from the Racquette Road.
The flooding only lasted for a half hour or so to to either side of high tide around 12:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 3.
- Read more special articles:
- Sissiboo River floods downtown Weymouth
- The Deeper Side of Weymouth Flooding - Larry Haight's photos
- Vapour before the storm - photos from around Digby Thursday day
- Some more WET photos from Westport, Bear River and Digby town
Besides several inches of slushy sea water, ice was building up on the road and several large pieces of debris – lumber and a large tub – washed onto the roadway as well.