Baby Owen, son of Britnie Durost and Devin Dill, was born Jan. 1 in Kentville. The Windsor baby was the first New Year's Day birth at the Valley Regional Hospital. Submitted
Baby Owen Dill was the first birth of the year at the Valley Regional Hospital in Kentville.
The seven-pound-six-ounce boy was born to Britnie Durost and Devin Dill of Windsor just after 9 a.m. on New Year’s Day.
“We were very busy yesterday and the day before.,” Sue Daniels, the manager of maternal and child unit at the hospital, said Jan. 2.
- Read more special articles:
- Biggest town levee ever--Digby Academy artefacts on display
- New Year’s Day cheer at Weymouth levee
- Wolfville and Acadia ring in 2014
- Nova Scotians find refreshing way to start 2014
The labour and delivery floor welcomed four or five new babies through the day, she said.