Stove fire empties seniors apartments

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

A neighbour extinguished a fire in a senior’s apartment building in Digby.

Residents fled Evangeline Manor around 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11 when the fire alarm sounded.

One of the residents was already outside when the alarm went and heard that something on the stove in one of the apartments was on fire. He ran in and used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.

When the Digby Fire Department arrived on scene at 12:36 p.m. the residents were all gathered safely outside.

They vented smoke from the apartment with a fan and waited for representatives of the housing authority to arrive.

By around 1 p.m. residents were back in the building.

jriley@digbycourier.ca

Organizations: Digby Fire Department

Geographic location: Digby

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments