Kentville Justice Centre
Trial dates for a Lunenburg man charged under the Animal Protection Act of Nova Scotia have been pushed to next June.
Jason Remai, 36, was back in Kentville provincial court Dec. 2.
He stands accused of failing to provide an animal, a dog, with reasonable protection from injurious heat or cold. He was charged after Kings RCMP responded to two calls about a dog in distress July 21 in Wolfville.
- Read more special articles:
- Trial date set in death of dog in Wolfville
- Man charged in dog's death appears in court
- UPDATED Charges laid in death of dog in car
- SPCA looking into death of dog in car in Wolfville
Remai’s first court appearance was Sept. 23, followed by Oct. 21, when he entered a plea of not guilty. A trial date was originally set for Feb. 27, 2014.
With the change, Remai is scheduled to be back in Kentville provincial court June 11, 2014. Five days have been set aside for the trial.
Read full coverage of the case here.