Family physician Dr. Pejman Nourian begins work in Digby this month and will gradually accept a limited number of new patients over a period of time.
© South West Health photo
Dr. Pejman Nourian to accept 100 patients Dec. 12.
Only 100 new patients are able to be accepted at first. First priority will be given to the residents of Digby County.
In an announcement today, South West Health said it is expected that Dr. Nourian will be able to accept a maximum of 1,000 patients over time. After the first 100 new patients are processed and seen by the doctor, additional patients will be accepted over the next few months.
An announcement will be made at that time through the local media, and will be posted on the South West Health website www.swndha.nshealth.ca
Accepting only a limited number of patients at a time will hopefully avoid the creation of a large list of patients that takes many months to process. This will also mean less time for new patients waiting for an appointment, said South West Health.
Dr. Nourian completed his medical degree in 1996 at Azad University in Tehran, Iran, and worked as a general practitioner and Emergency physician in Iran from 1996 to 2009. He successfully completed Nova Scotia’s CAPP (Clinical Assessment for Practice Program) this past June 2013.
CAPP is a program for international medical graduates which is jointly offered by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia and Dalhousie University.
Dr. Nourian now holds a defined license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia. Dr. John Black will be his physician mentor and supervisor and Dr. Alenia Kysela, district Chief of Staff and VP Medicine, will be his sponsor.
People interested in being considered as a patient of Dr. Nourian, please note that new patients will ONLY be accepted by phone on Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Telephone registrations only will be accepted at (902) 245-3025.
- Please have your MSI number, date of birth and current phone number available when you call.
- Dr. Nourian’s office will only accept the first 100 patients at the above time. After the first 100 patients, the registration process will close.
- Dr. Nourian’s office will not keep a waiting list.
- An announcement will be made at a later date when Dr. Nourian is again accepting new patients.
- People will only be considered who do not currently have a primary health provider (a family physician or Nurse Practitioner).
- First priority will be given to the residents of Digby County.
- Please do not call with a list of names of friends or extended family members. Dr. Nourian will only consider you and your immediate family members (spouse, parent or children).