Landmark East School hosted an interactive workshop by Entrepreneurs with Disabilities (EDN) on June 3. Students learned about ideas and strategies for starting up a small business and grant opportunities available for young entrepreneurs. From left are Keith Gelhorn, ADDvocay ADHD & Life Skills Coaching Ltd., with students Elysa Fancelli, James Covert, Luke Smith and Archie Gillis, EDN business counselling co-ordinator. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Early Registration – for Second Berwick Scouts next year, 5-8 p.m., at the Berwick Town Hall. Reduced early registration fee until end of June. Open to youths age five to 18.
• Meeting - KCAGoG will host a celebration of their work followed by the annual general meeting, 2-3:30 p.m., at Just Us café in Grand Pré. Refreshments. Info: email@example.com or 542-2363.
• Prime Rib Dinner - at the Berwick Lions’ Hall, 6 p.m. Ticket $20 (table $200). All proceeds benefit facility improvements at Hardwood Lake Girl Guide Camp, Lake Paul. Tickets: Sara Keddy, 538-9191 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jen Hall, 678-8700 or email@example.com; or Wilsons Pharmasave
• Concert - New Hope Wesleyan Church concert, North Alton, featuring The Lumber River Quartet. 7 p.m., free admission. Eveningof the Gospel in song.
• Variety Show - 7 p.m. at St. Anthony's Church, Berwick. Freewill offering in support of youth attending Steubenville Atlantic.
• Breakfast - The Good Neighbour Club, 7-10:30 a.m., at the Centreville Community Hall. Freewill offering.
• Ticket Auction - 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Hall's Harbour Fundy View Community Centre, Hwy. 359. Tickets 20 for $1. Snacks and refreshments available. Draw starts at 2 p.m., must be there to win. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Valley Hope Classic - second annual Wheel/Walk/Run 5/10 km at Kentville Memorial Park (tennis court area). Race kit pickup 9:30 a.m., race at 10:30 a.m. Register online at The Running Room under events before June 1 $18, after June 1 $20. Family rates available. Lots of Prizes. Proceeds go to Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Nova Scotia (SBHANS).
• Coldbrook Lions Dance - 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Music by Rte 12, $6 per person
• Breakfast - Wolfville and District Lions Hall, 7-10 a.m. Adults $6, under 10 $3. Proceeds for community projects.
• Ticket Auction - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Draws begin at 2 p.m. at the Eagle Crest Golf Course, Centreville. Tickets 20 for $1. Proceeds to Grant Campbell to take part in Youth Leaders in Action program going to Vietnam
• Yard Sale - St. Anthony's, Berwick. Doors open at 8 a.m. Jewelry table and canteen available. From 1 to 2 p.m. fill a bag for $5.
• Coldbrook Lions Breakfast – 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children three to 12 $3, under three years free
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. $6 per person 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Still Doin Time.
• Church Breakfast - Aylesford United Church, 8-11a.m. Freewill offering, everyone welcome. Sponsored by the Committee of Stewards for church expenses.
• Chinese Auction - Western Shore and Area Improvement Building. Doors open 9 a.m., draws at 2 p.m. All new items. Proceeds for the Special Needs Programs of Norwood Lodge #135, New Ross.
• House and Garden Tour – 1-4 p.m. in Burlington. Includes five homes. Dessert and tea from 12:30-4:30 p.m. at the community hall included in price of ticket. $12 in advance, $15 at the hall. Tickets at Larry’s Pharmacy, Country Stoves and Sunrooms, email@example.com or 538-3441
• Music - Cambridge Baptist Church music event, 7 p.m., featuring Sonlight. Freewill offering, proceeds for church purposes. Fellowship and refreshments to follow.
• Musical Fundraiser – Kentville Lion’s Club, 1-4 p.m. 50/50 draws, live auction, cake draw, canteen facilities, plus Tops Kentville Chapter 5271 ticket draws on baskets. Freewill offering. Info: 679-4899
• Musical Benefit Show and Auction - 1:30 p.m. at the Kentville Legion, freewill offering, 50/50, auction and bake table, canteen available. Any donation appreciated. Proceeds to Lori States for medical expenses. Info: David, 678-4803
• Meeting – Flowercart’s annual general meeting, 7 p.m., at the Flowercart building, 9412 Commercial St., New Minas.
• Jam session – 7-10 p.m. at the North Alton Hall, door prize, 50/50 and lunch. Donation at the door.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., must be 19 and over, bar and kitchen available, $6 per person. Music by Reboot
• Ticket Auction – 2-4 p.m. at the Auburn Lions Hall, canteen, 50/50, grocery hamper, tickets 20 for $1. Proceeds for the Children Wish Foundation.
• Ticket Auction – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Meadowview Community Hall, Kentville. Proceeds go to Cindy Spencer to help with travel and medical expenses.