Sandi Brittain, left, and Flo Miller were representatives for the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 098 at the provincial ladies doubles tournament, held in Baddeck, Cape Breton on May 24. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Auditions – For new members of the Annapolis Valley Honor Choir for the next school year. Auditions for Junior Choir (Grade 5 to 8) and Senior Choir (Grade 8 to 12) at various locations. Details on the AVHC website, www.avhc.ca.
• Meeting - North Alton Hall general meeting, 7 p.m. All welcome.
• Concert - Horton's final concert of the 2013-2014 school year, 7 p.m., at Horton's performance center. Enjoy sounds from the big screen. Bake table available.
• Radiothon - Health in Harmony event. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. Valley Regional Hospital lobby.
• Yard Sale Drop-Off - Kings Kikima Grannies yard sale, drop off items 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the L’Arche Hall (across from the Wolfville Fire Hall).
• International Café – 9:30-11 a.m., Orchards & Tides Room in the Municipality Building (87 Cornwallis Street, Kentville, entrance at back of building). No cost to participate, will help newcomers, immigrants and locals to connect.
• Crib Tournament - at the Kentville Legion, registration 12:30 p.m., play at 1 p.m. upstairs, $20 per team.
• Dance - Kentville Legion, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. Must be 19 and over, bar, kitchen available. Music by Big Deal.
• Lobster Dinner – 4-7 p.m. at Ryan Lockhart Park, New Minas. Takeout orders only, picnic tables sat up. Tickets, $20, must be purchased in advance at the village office or for credit card payment, 681-6972. Proceeds to New Minas Splash Park.
• Breakfast – held by Team Sobeys Greenwood Relay For Life Team, 7-10 a.m. at the Kingston Lions Hall. Freewill offering.
• Yard Sale – 8 a.m. at the North Alton Baptist Church. Miscellaneous items, plant sale, bake goods. Proceeds for church work.
• Yard Sale - Kings Kikima Grannies yard sale, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the L’Arche Hall (across from the Wolfville Fire Hall).
• Yard Sale - Avonport Baptist Church yard sale (rain or shine) 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Plant sale, bake table, barbecue, canteen. Rentals $10, call 542-0996. Proceeds for church projects.
• Yard Sale - Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, 8 a.m. to noon.
• Variety Show – 1-4 p.m. at Meadowview Development Centre, Brooklyn Street, Kentville. Canteen available, freewill offering. Proceeds for hall upkeep.
• Breakfast - Hantsport and District Lions Club breakfast, 7-10 a.m., at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church Hall, Hantsport. $6 per person, six to 12 years $3, five and under free. Proceeds for Lions community service programs
• Plant Sale - Taoist Tai Chi 12th annual plant sale, 107 Canaan Ave. Shrubs, perennials, annuals and vegetables for sale.
• Yard Sale - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Held by West Kings District High School’s Me to We club, Hwy # 1 Auburn. Table rentals $10. For reservations call 847-4440. Proceeds from rentals, canteen and other activities going towards building a school in Africa.
• Breakfast – Black Rock Community Centre, 8-10 a.m. Freewill offering, sponsored by the Jolly Workers Sewing Circle
• Blue Grass - West Brooklyn Church Gospel, 7 p.m., with The Next Generation. Refreshments to follow.
• Gardening - Valley Gardeners Club meeting 7:30 p.m. in room 2101 at the Kingstec campus of NSCC, Kentville. Keith Fuller will speak on soil enhancement.
• Soup Luncheon - Orchard Valley United Church homemade soup and dessert luncheon, noon to 1:15 p.m., at the Orchard Valley United Church, New Minas. $7.50
• Volunteer Night - annual general meeting and volunteer appreciation night, 7 p.m., at the Waterville and District Fire Volunteer Department
• Meeting - Valley Women’s Business Network meeting, 7-9 p.m., at King's Riverside Court (upstairs), 125 Webster St. Presenter: Rashana, Helping You Help Yourself. Free to VWBN members and their first-time guests. $5 at the door for returning guests.
• Karaoke – 7-10:30 p.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 098, Kingston. Free admission.
• Jam Session - North Alton Hall, 7-10 p.m. Door prize, 50/50 and lunch. Donation at door.
• Memory Walk - Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia Walk with a Purpose 11th Annual Alzheimer Memory Walk. Registration 9:30 a.m., Wolfville Nursing Home. Barbecue and auction follows the walk at Earnscliff and Main Street. Pledge sheets available at Cochrane’s Pharmasave, Wolfville or Wolfville Nursing Home. Info: 542-2429, email@example.com
• Concert - at the Berwick Royal Canadian Legion, doors open at 8 p.m., show at 8:30 p.m., must 19 and older. Kitchen Party, The Hupman Brothers, Caleb Miles, $10 at the door
• Fun for Kids - Billtown Kids Fun Zone, 7-9 p.m., at the Billtown United Baptist Church
• Mock Jail - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the front parking area of the Port Williams Community Centre. Lock up someone for $1 per minute. Call 542-3321 for pick-up any time after 8 a.m. Port Williams and District Lions Club fundraiser.
• Guest Night - Kentville & Area Women’s Connection, roast beef dinner 6:30 p.m. at Berwick Lions Hall, $18. Speaker and music: Barbara Raynes; feature: Michelle Parker. 678-5522 by June 8 for reservations
• Kentville Legion Breakfast - River Street, 7:30-10 a.m. Adults $6, children 12 and under $3
• Valley Trekkers Walk - explore the trails of Mickey Hill Pocket. Meet at the Park (Exit 22 off Hwy 101, south on Hwy 8) around 9:30 a.m. for walking at 10 a.m. Info: 532-2503 or 765-0906.
• Kentville Legion Dance – 9-12 p.m., $6 per person, must be 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Rte 12
• Kingston Legion Dance – 9 p.m., music by Big Deal, $7 each.
• Masonic Breakfast – 7:30-10:30 a.m., Masonic Hall, Berwick. Adults $6, children $3, wheelchair accessible.
• Village-Wide Yard Sale – Port Williams, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; rain date June 15. Flea market: 8 a.m.-1 p.m.; car show noon (registration 11 a.m.); chicken barbecue 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; children’s parade 2 p.m. from the Feeds ‘n Needs parking lot; community supper 4:30-6 p.m. at community centre, freewill offering
• Father’s Day Roast Beef Supper - at the Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Doors open at 4 p.m., serving at 4:30 p.m. Adults $11, ages five to 12 years $5.50, under five $2.50
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m., Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church, featuring Next Generation. Refreshments and fellowship to follow.
• Community Flea Market - 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Seaport Square Professional Centre. Info: any member of the Port Williams and District Lions Club or call 542-3432 or 542-3933.
• Meeting - KCAGoG will host a celebration of their work followed by the annual general meeting, 2-3:30 p.m., at Just Us café in Grand Pré. Refreshments. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 542-2363.
• Prime Rib Dinner - at the Berwick Lions’ Hall, 6 p.m. Ticket $20 (table $200). All proceeds benefit facility improvements at Hardwood Lake Girl Guide Camp, Lake Paul. Tickets: Sara Keddy, 538-9191 or email@example.com; or Jen Hall, 678-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Wilsons Pharmasave
• Concert - New Hope Wesleyan Church concert, North Alton, featuring The Lumber River Quartet. 7 p.m., free admission. Eveningof the Gospel in song.
• Breakfast - The Good Neighbour Club, 7-10:30 a.m., at the Centreville Community Hall. Freewill offering.
• Ticket Auction - 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Hall's Harbour Fundy View Community Centre, Hwy. 359. Tickets 20 for $1. Snacks and refreshments available. Draw starts at 2 p.m., must be there to win. Info: email@example.com
• Valley Hope Classic - second annual Wheel/Walk/Run 5/10 km at Kentville Memorial Park (tennis court area). Race kit pickup 9:30 a.m., race at 10:30 a.m. Register online at The Running Room under events before June 1 $18, after June 1 $20. Family rates available. Lots of Prizes. Proceeds go to Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Nova Scotia (SBHANS).
• Chinese Auction - Western Shore and Area Improvement Building. Doors open 9 a.m., draws at 2 p.m. All new items. Proceeds for the Special Needs Programs of Norwood Lodge #135, New Ross.