© Shannon MacDonald - kingscountynews.ca
Miseon Park and her daughter, Anne Rafferty, enjoy some refreshments at the International Cafe in Kentville. The Kings Volunteer Resource Centre hosted the event May 2 to help connect newcomers, immigrants and international students with the community
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Little Sock Tea and Sale – 2-4 p.m., at
Forties Community Centre, New Ross.
• Roast Turkey Luncheon – 12-1 p.m. at the Kingston Lions Hall, $8 at the door or $8.50 delivered (Kingston/Greenwood area only).
Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. Phone 765-2128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Musical - Canning Lions’ seventh annual seniors’ musical, 1:30-3 p.m., at the Lions Hall. Admission by donation to food bank. Door prizes, draws and refreshments.
• Author Reading - Wolfville Memorial Library, 6 p.m. Jan Coates, author of "The Power of Harmony" nominated for the Ann Connor Brimer Award for Children's Literature, will do a reading, meet and greet, and questions and answers. Ages eight and up.
• Coffee Party - 9:30 a.m., $8, at the Berwick Lions Hall. Feature – Kikima Grannies, speaker Anne Veenhuis and music by Valerie Blanchard. Contact Peggy 678-5522 by May 11 for reservations.
• Meeting - Valley Women’s Business Network meeting, 7-9 p.m. Upstairs at King’s Riverside Court, Webster St., Kentville.
• Chicken Barbecue - New Minas Volunteer Fire Department, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., $10 per plate. Tickets: 681-6661 or 678-9524.
• Community Info Session - Handle Therapy and the Autism Spectrum, 6:30-8:30 p.m.,
Kingston Elementary School, 630 Pine Ridge, Kingston. Info: Sandy 375-3031 or email email@example.com. Free, all welcome.
• T.G.I.F. Supper - scallops and fries, 5-7 p.m., at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 98 in Kingston. $7 eat in or $ 7.50 take out.
• Dance - Kentville Lions Club dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. $6 per person, $10 a couple, complementary munchies, Music by Vintage. Info: 679-4899. Proceeds to support Lions projects
• Games Day Fundraiser - 1:30 p.m. at the Appledome Berwick Lions Club. 45s, bridge, etc. Prizes and lunch. $3. Food donation appreciated.
• Crib - Kentville Legion Ladies Auxiliary Crib tournament. Registration 12:30 p.m., play at 1 p.m. $20 per team upstairs. Lunch provided.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., $6 per person, 19 and over. Music by Still Doin Time.
• Coldbrook Lions Dance - 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m. $6 per person.
• Breakfast - Coldbrook Lions all you can eat breakfast, 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children three to 12 $3, under three free.
• Fundraiser Barbecue - 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Greenwood Sobeys. Info: Sandy 375-3031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds stay in the Valley to provide programs for people with autism.
• Plant Sale - Lakeville Women’s Institute 25th annual plant sale, 9 a.m. to noon, at the Lakeville Community Centre. Proceeds for hall maintenance.
• Breakfast - The Good Neighbour Club, 7-10:30 a.m., at the Centreville Community Hall. Freewill offering.
• Spring Plant and Bake Sale - Berwick Baptist Church, 8 a.m. to noon. Annuals, perennials and bake table. Tea, coffee and muffins for a freewill offering. Proceeds for church work.
• Variety Music Night - Kingston Lions Club presents Variety Music Night, 7 p.m., at the Kingston Lions Hall. Tickets $5. Canteen and 50/50 ticket available. Phone 765-2128, email email@example.com
• Flea Market - Scott’s Bay Community Hall flea market at the hall, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Table rentals $5, call Jerry Huntley at 582-7489. Also a rummage sale will be held at the Seaside Centre. Canteen available.
• Ticket Auction - Waterville Baptist Church annual, viewing at 10 a.m., draws 2 p.m. at the Waterville Fire Hall, tickets 20 for $1 or 100 for $5. Door prize and tea, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., $4. Proceeds for church repair.
• Variety Show - 7:30 p.m. at the White Rock Hall, admission $5, canteen available. Proceeds for the Wallbrook United Baptist Church.
• Plant, Bake and Yard Sale – at the Kentville Curling Club, 8 a.m.
• Yard/Plant Sale - 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.. at the Black River Community Hall. Hotdogs and drinks available. Info: Clara at 542-3180. All proceeds to the hall
• Planting Day and Mechanical Fair – at Northville Farm Heritage Centre. Horse plow, harrow and seed the land. Freewill offering, cookhouse open. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Yard Sale - rain or shine, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., at New Hope Wesleyan Church, Hwy 12, North Alton. Info: Joy, 678-5553 or church, 678-2222
• Relay for Life Family Fun Day - Ticket auction, bouncy castle, face painting, barbecue. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the New Minas Fire Hall
• Breakfast - Wolfville and District Lions Breakfast, 7-10 a.m., 36 Elm Ave. Adults $6, children 10 and under $3
• Breakfast – 8-10 a.m. at the Burlington Community Hall, freewill offering, proceeds for the hall. Info: Susan, 538-3441.
• Breakfast – 8-11 a.m. at Aylesford United Church. Freewill offering for church expenses.
• Concert - Country Gospel singer/songwriter Trevor Baker from Saskatchewan, 7 p.m. at Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot.
Freewill offering. Fellowship and refreshments to follow.
• Cape Split Trail Trek - Valley Trekkers annual trek. Meet in the Cape Split parking lot, 9:30 a.m., for 16 km walk. Bring a packed lunch. Info: 765-4051 or 847-1772.
• Caregiver Appreciation Tea – 1-4 p.m. at the Centreville Community Hall. No admission. Info: Jennifer 521-5592 or 1-877-488-7390.
• Hymn Sing - Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Special guests Ron DeAdder and Rachael Alders. Freewill offering, fellowship and refreshments to follow
• Meeting – of the Wolfville Historical Society, 2-4 p.m. at Wolfville Legion Hall. Dr. Roger Marsters, PhD, will talk about the Randall House Museum program for the summer and the new exhibit, 1914 War Comes to Wolfville.
• Turkey Supper - 4:30-6 p.m., St. Andrew’s Anglican Church hall, Hantsport. Adults $12, free for children under five.
• Golf Tournament - Landmark East Golf Tournament at Berwick Heights. Proceeds to student bursary fund. Register: Mandy at 542-2237.
• Church Anniversary - Wolfville Baptist Church 250th anniversary celebration. Chef Nelson Penner will prepare a gourmet dinner, 6:30 p.m. Silent auction viewing 6 p.m. Limited tickets available until May 18, $25, 542-5524.
• Show ‘n Shine - 5:30-7:30 p.m. Vintage and collectible autos, tractors, motorcycles at the Central Kings school lot. Free registration, admission. Part of Cambridge Elementary School’s community fun fair. Info: Sara, 538-9191 or email@example.com
• Spring Auction – Gaspereau Elementary Home and School’s annual live auction, 7 p.m., at the Gaspereau Community Hall. New items, gift certificates, baked goods and more.
• Indoor yard sale - baked goods, plants, hot dogs and refreshments, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Aylesford United Church Hall.
• Stuffed Pork Dinner - 4:30-6 p.m. at Kingston Baptist Church. Adults $10, children $5, catered by Kingston’s Friends of the Village
• Spring Blossoms Dance - 9 p.m.-1 a.m. at the Hall's Harbour Fundy View Community Centre, 4120 Hwy 359, Hall's Harbour. Music by Country Heat. $10 per person at the door. Must be 19 years of age. Cash bar. Designated driver available. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Yardsale - rain or shine, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at St. James Anglican Church
• Parrish Breakfast – 8-10 a.m., $6, at St. James Anglican Church
• Spring Indoor Yard and Furniture Sale - at
Kingston Lions Hall, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Proceeds to Lions community initiatives. Info: email@example.com
• 45s -Cornwallis New Horizens Club senior’s room, Canning. Registration 1 p.m., games 1:30 p.m., admission $2. Info: Gladys 678-2030 or Rose 582-7346
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 and over. Music by Reboot
• Books and Baked Goods - Canning library book and baked goods sale, 9:30 a.m. to 1p.m. 9806 Main Street, Canning. Proceeds to library to keep it open.
• Redneck Dessert Tea - Weston WI hall, 3469 Brooklyn St., 2-4 p.m. Prizes for best hat, apron and tattoo, flea market table
• Music Night - 6:30 p.m. at Coldbrook Baptist Church featuring The Gospel Lights. Fellowship to follow. Freewill offering
• Port Williams Musical Showcase - 7 p.m. at the Port Williams United Baptist Church, featuring the recent participants of the Annapolis Valley Music Festival. To participate, contact Lana Churchill firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22. Freewill at the door for the music festival and the church.
• Concert - Sonlight Ministries Gospel Concert, 7 p.m., at the Waterville Baptist Church, Mill Street. Freewill offering for special church purposes. Refreshments and fellowship following.