© Nancy Kelly
The Annapolis Valley Chamber of Commerce continued its Smart Lunch series recently at the Driftwood Restaurant in Berwick. The session, ‘Make Breastfeeding Your Business,” focused on ways to help local businesses become more breastfeeding-friendly and featured presenters from Annapolis Valley Health. – Nancy Kelly, www.kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Jam Session - North Alton Hall, 7-10 p.m., door prize, 50/50, donation at the door.
• Book Sale - 47th annual CFUW Wolfville book sale, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Also April 4, 9 a.m.-8 p.m., and April 5, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. At the Lions' Hall, Elm Street, Wolfville. Proceeds to Valley charities.
• Hot Casserole Luncheon - at Christ Church, Berwick 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. $10.
• Open Mic Jam - Royal Canadian Legion Br. 098, Kingston. Come and show us your hidden talents, 9 p.m. until closing. No cover charge.
• Games Day Fundraiser - 1:30 p.m. at the Berwick Lions Club (Apple Dome) to purchase game tables for Fundy Villa, residents. 45’s, crib, bridge, prizes, lunch. Admission $3.
• Lions’ Breakfast – 7-10 a.m. St. Andrews Hall, Chittick Avenue, Hantsport. Adults $6, children six to 12 $3, children five and under free. Proceeds to community service programs.
• Annual Variety Supper - 4:30-6 p.m.,
First Cornwallis Baptist Church, Upper Canard
Adults $10, youth five to 10 $5, under five free.
Take-out available, bake table. Info: 690-5425.
Proceeds for youth ministry.
• Berwick Breakfast - Berwick & District Lions Club, 8-10 a.m., Berwick Lions Hall, in the Apple Dome. Freewill offering.
• Roast Beef Supper - 5 p.m. at the Rebekah Hall, Cottage St., Berwick. Tickets in advance 538-7762 or 538-9230
• Church Breakfast - at Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot Road, 8-9:30a.m. Freewill offering.
• Legion Breakfast - Royal Canadian Legion Br. 098 in Kingston. Freewill offering, 7:30-10:30 a.m.
• Benefit Concert - Kentville Legion. 2 to 5 p.m. Local talent, auction, bake sale and draws. Proceeds for Relay for Life.
• Hymn Sing - Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, 7 p.m. Lunch to follow.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre,
New Ross. Doors open at noon, registration at 12:30 p.m. and play at 1 p.m. $20 per team.
Info: 689-2147. Canteen available
• Meeting - South Berwick Community Club (Hall)
annual general meeting, 7 p.m. All welcome
• Find Your Voice - Valley Voices. Kentville Baptist Church, CE Centre, Main Street. Free group voices lessons for women, 7- 8 p.m. Register: 678- 6378 or valleyvoices.org
• Coffee - Kentville & Area Women’s Connection Coffee at the Berwick Lions Club Hall, 9:30 a.m. $8. Speaker Dorothy Veinot, Bridgewater, music by local talent. Reservations: Barb, 678-0466, before April 6
• Valley Women’s Network Meeting - Lori Cox and Pam Murray will lead a session of speed networking, 7-9 p.m., free to VWBN members and first-time guests, $5 for returning guests. Info: email@example.com
• Apple Blossom Leadership Tea - Wolfville Farmers’ Market. 6:30 .m. Info: 542-6282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Luncheon - Homemade soup and dessert, noon to 1:15 p.m., at the Orchard Valley United Church, Cornwallis Avenue, New Minas. Veggie/gluten free option available. $7.50
• Fish & Chip Dinner – 5-7 p.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #098, Kingston, $7 eat in or $7.50 take out.
• Dinner and Auction - at the Aylesford Fire Hall. Supper by Meadowbrook Meat Market, with a silent and live auction to follow for Annapolis Valley Exhibition. Tickets $20, 847-9378, 670-1879 or 584-3339. Items can be dropped off at the Ex office, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., or Balcom Insurance, Middleton
• Clothing Give Away - 8:30-11 a.m., at the Baptist Church, Centreville. Free items for spring and summer. Sponsored by Missions In Action WMS. All welcome. Info: 678-3939 or 678-1946
• Breakfast - Aylesford United Church, 8-11 a.m. Freewill offering. Sponsored by the Committee of Stewards for church expenses.
• Church Breakfast - All Saint’s Anglican Church, Kingston, breakfast, 8-10 a.m. at the church hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. $7.
• Variety supper - 4:30 p.m., North Alton Baptist Church, adults $10, children under 12 $4. Proceeds for church work. Sponsored by the B.W.A.
• Darts - Royal Canadian Legion Branch 098, Kingston hosting George Brittain Memorial Dart Shoot. Captains meet at 9:30 a.m. with 10 a.m. start. Registration $36 per team of mixed triples. Info/registration: 847-3766 or 765-4428.
• Yard Sale - Annapolis Valley Chapter of Autism Nova Scotia spring yard sale and craft fair, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aylesford and District Lion's Club Hall, Auburn Contact: Sandy 375-3031 or email@example.com
• Masonic Hall Breakfast - 7:30-10:30 a.m., Mill Street, Berwick. Adults $6, children $3. Wheelchair accessible.
• Spring Sing Fundraiser Day – 2-7 p.m. at the Port Williams Community Centre. The Annapolis Valley Honor Choir will share its many talents, tea, silent auction in afternoon, $12; evening coffee house music, munchies and mocktails, $5. Tickets in advance from choristers, choir manager’s desk at rehearsals, Pharmasave in Wolfville, Kentville, Berwick and Kingston
• Variety Show - Forties Community Centre,
New Ross, 1:30-4 p.m. Canteen available
• Meeting - Valley Gardeners Club, 7:30 p.m., in Room 2101 at NSCC Kingstec. Two Kingstec students, who are recipients of the Valley Gardeners Club scholarship, will do a presentation. All welcome.