Kings Minor Basketball Association Gators were second in the Valley Hants League Bantam Girls’ division this year. In front, from left, are Alyssa Little, Madison Ross, Natasha Kennedy and Kristie Miedema. In back are coach Janet Ross, Robin Lauzon, Chloe Coombs, Erin Cornelius, Ruth Hall, Mia Lauzon and coach Paul Lauzon. – Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Valley Ghost Walks - A Spooky Sampling Indoor Ghost Show, 7:30 p.m. at Manning Memorial Chapel, Acadia University. Tickets adults $15, students $10, available at Ticketpro.ca. Info: 692-8546, Jerome@valleyghostwalks.com
• Rummage Sale - West Brooklyn Church. Dale, bake tale, canteen available. 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wolfville Legion. Proceeds to church and to help youth going to Springforth.
• Soup and Chowder Luncheon - South Alton Community Center, 11:30 a.m. to1:30 p.m. Adults $7, 12 and under: $3.50. Proceeds for community center.
• Ticket Auction – held byMeadowview Ladies Dart League. 50/50, tickets on $150 gift certificate, canteen available. Doors open at 11 a.m., draws at 1 p.m.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., $6 per person, must be 19 and over. Bar and kitchen available, music by Appaloosa.
• Cards - Cornwallis New Horizons Club, 45’s Card party in the seniors room at the Lion’s Hall, Canning. Registration 1 p.m., games at 1:30 p.m. Admission $2, Info: 678-2030 or 582-7346
• Ticket and Silent Auction - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Coldbrook Heritage Hall, Lovett Road. Over a 100 items and growing (new, slightly used and collectables). Cost $1 per envelope of 20 tickets. Info: 679-6676
• Turkey Supper - 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Aylesford Fire Hall, $10 per plate, takeout available. Proceeds for the Aylesford Firefighters Auxiliary
• Variety Show – Wolfville Baptist Church. MC Tim McFarland. Featuring marimba, harp, guitar, choir, etc. 7 p.m. $10 or pay what you can.
• Dance - Kingston Legion. 9 p.m. to 12: 30 a.m. Music by Route 12. $7 per preson. Info: 765-4428
• Benefit Show and Bake Auction - 50/50, kitchen open, 1:30-5 p.m. at the Kentville Legion. Lots of musical talent, $5. Proceeds for Richard Johnstone. Info: 678-7902
• Spring Tea and Sale – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Centerville Community Hall, freewill, sale table and gift basket draw. Sponsored by and proceeds for the Kentville Girl Guiding units. Info: 678-3979
• Music Night - 6:30 p.m. at the Coldbrook Baptist Church, fellowship to follow. Proceeds for Benevolent Fund
• Turkey Supper - Waterville & District Fire Department, 4-6 p.m. Adults $12.50, children $6 at the fire hall.
• Gospel Concert - Kentville Baptist Church Sanctuary. 7 p.m. Gospel Concert in support of the Dennis Veinotte Chaplaincy Fund.
• Scottish Country Dance Classes - 7 p.m. at the Melvern Square Community Centre until May 12. No experience or partner is required. Reputed to be the best activity for both memory and physical exercise for all ages. Info: 765-0906.
• Meeting - Wolfville and area Newcomer’s Club monthly meeting, 7 p.m. at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building, Speaker James W. Wolford
• Zumba Gold - Woodville Community Centre until April 21. 10:45 a.m. $1 Register: email@example.com or call 678-3928
• Kings County Wildlife Association - meeting 7 p.m. at the Kentville NSCC New members welcome.
• Roast Beef Supper - 4:30-6 p.m. at the Canning Legion. Take outs available, call the Legion after 4 p.m. daily, $12.
• Jam Session - North Alton Hall, 7-10 p.m., door prize, 50/50, donation at the door.
• Book Sale - 47th annual CFUW Wolfville book sale, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Also April 4, 9 a.m.-8 p.m., and April 5, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. At the Lions' Hall, Elm Street, Wolfville. Proceeds to Valley charities.
• Hot Casserole Luncheon - at Christ Church, Berwick 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. $10.
• Open Mic Jam - Royal Canadian Legion Br. 098, Kingston. Come and show us your hidden talents, 9 p.m. until closing. No cover charge.
• Lions’ Breakfast - 7 to 10 a.m. St. Andrews Hall, Chittick Avenue, Hantsport. Adults $6, children six to 12 $3, children five and under free. Proceeds to community service programs.
• Annual Variety Supper - 4:30-6 p.m.,
First Cornwallis Baptist Church, Upper Canard
Adults $10, youth five to 10 $5, under five free.
Take-out available, bake table. Info: 690-5425.
Proceeds for youth ministry.
• Berwick Breakfast - Berwick & District Lions Club, 8-10 a.m., Berwick Lions Hall, in the Apple Dome. Freewill offering.
• Roast Beef Supper - 5 p.m. at the Rebekah Hall, Cottage St., Berwick. Tickets in advance 538-7762 or 538-9230
• Church Breakfast - at Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot Road, 8-9:30a.m. Freewill offering.
• Legion Breakfast - Royal Canadian Legion Br. 098 in Kingston. Freewill offering, 7:30-10:30 a.m.
• Benefit Concert - Kentville Legion. 2 to 5 p.m. Local talent, auction, bake sale and draws. Proceeds for Relay for Life.
• Hymn Sing - Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, 7 p.m. Lunch to follow.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre,
New Ross. Doors open at noon, registration at 12:30 p.m. and play at 1 p.m. $20 per team.
Info: 689-2147. Canteen available
• Meeting - South Berwick Community Club (Hall)
annual general meeting, 7 p.m. All welcome
• Find Your Voice - Valley Voices. Kentville Baptist Church, CE Centre, Main Street. Free group voices lessons for women, 7- 8 p.m. Register: 678- 6378 or valleyvoices.org
• Apple Blossom Leadership Tea - Wolfville Farmers’ Market. 6:30 .m. Info: 542-6282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fish & Chip Dinner – 5-7 p.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #098, Kingston, $7 eat in or $7.50 take out.