Landmark East Students Rebecca Holleman, left, Thomas Mooy, Emma dePutter and Marika Hubley were awarded gold medals at the Wolfville school’s 30th annual science fair. The students will go on to the regional competition. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Luncheon - Kingston Lions noon luncheon, 12-1 p.m. $8 at the door, $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. on the 11th. Phone 765-2128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Teen Autism Social Group – Will meet March 11, 18 and 25, for youth ages 12-19 or 20 plus if still in high school with autism spectrum disorder, at Sobey’s Greenwood community room. $40 for eight weeks or $5 per session. Info: Karen at 765-3502 email@example.com or Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Coffee Party – held by Kentville & Area Women’s Connection, 9:30 a.m., at the Berwick Lions Club Hall $8. Speaker Shirley McNally, music Mary Anne Doherty-Fleet, featuring Nancy Henry and Lana Churchill. Contact Barb 678-0466 before March 9 for reservations
• Networking - Valley Women’s Business Network March meeting, 7-9 p.m., at King's Riverside Court (upstairs), 125 Webster Street, Kentville. Sharon Cochrane will explore some dos and don’ts of contracts. Free to VWBN members and first-time guests, $5 at the door for returning guests. Networking at 7 p.m. for a 7:30 start.
• Wolfville Lion’s Breakfast – 7-10 a.m., Elm Avenue, Wolfville. Adults $6, children 10 and under $3. Proceeds for community projects.
• Coldbrook Lion’s Breakfast – 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children three to 12 $3 and under three years free.
• Breakfast - Aylesford United Church. 8 to 11 am. Freewill offering. Sponsored by Committee of Stewards for church expenses.
• Coldbrook Lion’s Dance - 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m. $6 per person. Music by Rte 12.
• Dance - Kitchen Kuties relay team are holding a dance 9 p.m. at the Middleton Lions Hall in Nictaux Falls. Band is Jokers Right, $25 per couple. Tickets at the door or by calling Susan at 825-4617.
• Good Neighbour Club Breakfast – 7-10:30 a.m. at the Centreville Community Hall. Freewill offering.
• Soup Luncheon - St. Patrick's Day Soup Luncheon, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Kings Presbyterian Church, New Minas. Freewill offering.
• St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast – held by Scott's Bay Community Hall Association, 8 to 10 a.m. $6 for adults, children 12 and under $3. Proceeds to the hall association for upkeep. Info: Jerry at 582-7489 or Hope at 582-3603.
• Autism Bowl-a-Thon – held by Annapolis Valley Chapter of Austism Nova Scotia, 2 to 5 p.m. at the Greenwood Bowling Centre, 14 Wing Greenwood. Info: 375-3031 or email@example.com
• St. Patrick’s Day supper - All Saints’ Church, Kingston. Pork loin dinner. 4L30 to 6 p.m. $12. Tickets available from Gordie Skanes, 242-2949, or Aline McNeil, 765-8801.
• St. Patrick’s Dance - Waterville & District Fire Department holding a St Patrick's Dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Music by B & S DJ Services. Tickets $7.50 each, door prizes. Info: 681-1402 or 682-1803.
• St. Patrick’s Day Supper – 4-6 p.m., at the Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Adults $11, under 12 $6, under five $3. Doors open at 4 p.m., serving starts at 4:30 p.m. 689-2612
• Music - Lockhartville Hall, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Music by Dave Guptill, special guest Barb Crowell Robinson, special appearance Robin Macumber and son Matthew. $5 at the door, small nickel auction, lunch $2.
• Hymn Sing – Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church. 7 p.m. Guess, Kings Gospel Choir. Fellowship and refreshments to follow.
• Benefit Show - 1:30 p.m. at the New Minas Fire Hall. Bake table, auction, canteen, 50/50. Freewill offering. Proceeds going to Doug Atwell. Info: Pearl 698-1076 or David 678-4803
• Gospel Concert and Hymn Sing - featuring the Mark Riley Band, 7 p.m., Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot Road. Freewill offering, food and fellowship to follow.
• Meeting - annual general meeting of the Horton Community Centre Association, 7:30 p.m. at the Centre, Grand Pre. Info: 542-3150
• Jam Session - North Alton Hall. 7 to 10 p.m. Door prize. Admission y donation.
• Karaoke - with Bev. 9 p.m. Canning Legion. Admission: $2. For more info, call after 4 p.m., 582-7246.
• Fish and Chips Supper - 5 to 7 p.m. at the Kingston Legion, $7 eat-in or $7.50 take out. Info: 765-4428.
• Kentville Lion’s Spring Fling Dance - River Street, Kentville, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., $6 per person, $10 per couple. Music by Vintage. Info: 679-4899. Proceeds to support Lion’s projects
•Dance - Royal Canadian Legion, Cnaning. Music by V-3. 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. $5.
• Dinner - Lakeville Women’s Institute ham, bean, scallop potato dinner. 4:30 to 6 p.m. Lakeville Community Centre, $10 per person; $25 per family with children 12 and under.
• Dance - Kentville Legion. 9:30 pm. $6 per person. Music by Reboot. 19 and over. Bar and kitchen available.
• Workshop - Kings County Federation of Agriculture workshop on mentoring for farmers, 8:30 a.m. to noon, Kentville Agricultural Centre. All farmers welcome. Contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dance - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Royal Canadian Legion, Canning. Classic Rock Music by V-3, $5 per person
• Wolfville Legion Breakfast - 7:30 to 10 a.m., $6 per plate, proceeds for expenses.
• Variety Show - Forties Community Centre, New Ross, 1:30 to 4 p.m., $5.