Clarice Pottie samples the fare at the Escape To Hawaii afternoon tea Feb. 22 at the Lakeville Community Hall. The Lakeville Women's Institute put on the tea, according to president Marilyn Kenny, "for all of us who are sick of winter." Along with tea and entertainment, the event also included “guided tours” of all the various islands that make up the state of Hawaii. See additional photos at KingsCountyNews.ca - John DeCoste, www.kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Science Fair - Landmark East School 30th annual science fair. Elementary and middle school students have been exploring concepts of sustainability through their science fair projects.
Viewing: 6:30-8 p.m.
• VON Lunch Bunch - 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the New Minas Sobey’s community room, $8 person. RSVP: 678-1733
Talk - New strategies for exploring and sharing African Nova Scotia History, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Fountain Commons, 26 Crowell Dr., Acadia University.
• Spaghetti Supper – 5-6:30 p.m. at the
Christ Church Hall, Berwick. Tickets: 538-0055 or 538-8545
• Hantsport Lion’s Breakfast – 7-10 a.m. at the St. Andrews Anglican Church Hall, Chittick Ave. Hantsport. $6 per person, children six to 12 years $3, five and under free. Proceeds for Lions Community Srevice Programs.
• Breakfast – at Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot Road, 8-9:30 a.m. Freewill offering, proceeds for roofing project.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., $6 per person, 19 and over. Music by Big Deal.
• Pancake Supper - Canning United Baptist Church, 4-6:30 p.m., $8 per person. Proceeds go towards new furnace for the church.
• Dinner, Dance, Auction - The Kings County Federation of Agriculture dinner, dance and silent auction fundraiser at the Waterville Fire Hall, doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets $20, must be purchased in advance: 678-7722.
• Benefit Show – 1-4 p.m., Kentville Legion, proceeds to branch, freewill offering at the door, lots of local musical talent, auction, 50/50, canteen.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre, New Ross, doors open at noon, registration 12:30, play starts 1 p.m. $20/team. Info: 689-2147
• Roast Beef Supper – 4-6 p.m., at the
Lockhartville Hall, Hutchinson Road. Adults $12, under 12 $6. Take-out available for pickup,
call after 3 p.m., 684-0977
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m. at the Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, special guest Cornerstone. Lunch to follow.
• Pancake Supper - 4:30-6 p.m., at Trinity United Church, Waterville. Freewill offering for church upkeep.
• Pancake Supper – held by Pine Ridge Middle School Concert Band, supported by the Greenwood Scotiabank, at the Aylesford United Church (2414 Hwy 1) 4:30-6 p.m. Freewill offering at the door. Info: 765-7570.
• Shrove Tuesday - pancake supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m., at the Waterville fire hall, freewill offering for Hardwood Lake Girl Guide Camp.
• Pancakes - All Saints’ A.C.W. annual Shrove Tuesday supper, 4:30-6 p.m., at the All Saints’ Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. $10 family rates, take out available.
• Meeting – of the Wolfville and Area Newcomers', 7:30 p.m., doors open 7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building. Speaker Robert Shears
• Pancake Supper - 4:30-6:30 p.m., St. James United Church, Hantsport. Freewill offering, all proceeds going to Hantsport and LE Shaw school breakfast programs.
• Sausage and Pancake Supper - 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., St. John's Anglican Church Hall, Port Williams, $7 for adults and $4 for children.
• Pancake Supper - 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Christ Parrish Hall, Windsor. Adults $7, children 12 and under $3.50. Info: 790-6173
• KCA Family Movie Night - 6 p.m. in cafeteria, doors open at 5:30. Bring a camp chair and blanket, canteen available. Freewill donation at the door to the PTA. Parents required to stay with children. Open to the public.
• Course - New Beginnings Christian Ministries is sponsoring a Christian growth and inner healing course, 7 p.m., at the New Beginnings Center, Greenwood.
• Kentville Legion Breakfast - 7:30-10 a.m. at the Legion Hall. Adults $6, children 12 and under $3.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., 19 and over, $6 per person. Music by Rte. 12
• Valley Gardeners Club - will meet, 7:30 p.m., in Room 2101 at the Kingstec Campus of NSCC in Kentville. Speaker Duncan Keppie, owner/operator of a nut orchard.
• Luncheon - Kingston Lions noon luncheon, 12-1 p.m. $8 at the door, $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. on the 11th. Phone 765-2128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Teen Autism Social Group – Will meet March 11, 18 and 25, for youth ages 12-19 or 20 plus if still in high school with autism spectrum disorder, at Sobey’s Greenwood community room. $40 for eight weeks or $5 per session. Info: Karen at 765-3502 email@example.com or Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wolfville Lion’s Breakfast – 7-10 a.m., Elm Avenue, Wolfville. Adults $6, children 10 and under $3. Proceeds for community projects.
• Coldbrook Lion’s Breakfast – 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children three to 12 $3 and under three years free.
• Coldbrook Lion’s Dance - 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m. $6 per person. Music by Rte 12.
• Dance - Kitchen Kuties relay team are holding a dance 9 p.m. at the Middleton Lions Hall in Nictaux Falls. Band is Jokers Right, $25 per couple. Tickets at the door or by calling Susan at 825-4617.
• Good Neighbour Club Breakfast – 7-10:30 a.m. at the Centreville Community Hall. Freewill offering.
• St. Patrick’s Day Supper – 4-6 p.m., at the Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Adults $11, under 12 $6, under five $3. Doors open at 4 p.m., serving starts at 4:30 p.m. 689-2612