Shoppers Drug Mart customers in stores in Greenwood and Wolfville contributed $2,644 to the Tree of Life campaign benefitting women’s health issues in 2013. The funds were allocated to the Maternal and Child department at Valley Regional Hospital, where 786 babies were born last year. Presenting the cheque is Paul Cameron, pharmacist/owner of Shoppers Drug Mart in Wolfville, to nurse Lindsay McKie. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Art Display - Valley Regional Art Gallery showing artist Willis Best paintings.
• Roast Beef Dinner – attheWolfville and District Lions Hall, 5-6:30 p.m. Tickets $12 per person, 10 years and under $6. Available from any Lions member, Wolfville Save Easy or the door. Take- out available.
• Jewelry Sale – by theKikima Grannies, at Blomidon Nursery, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Pancake Breakfast – 9-11 a.m., at the Salvation Army, Kentville. Fundraiser for the youth group. Adults $5, children $3. Storm date Feb. 8.
• Breakfast - Hantsport and District Lion’s Breakfast, 7-10 a.m., at the St. Andrews Church Hall, Hantsport. Adults $6, children six to 12 $3, five and under free. Accepting food bank donations.
• Talent Show and Silent Auction – at Port Williams United Baptist Church, 6:30 p.m.
• Afternoon of Music - 1:30 p.m. at the Berwick Lion’s Hall. Annapolis Valley Bluegrass & Old-time Music Association presents Randy Sheffield and Friends, Country Harmony and Mountain Willow $5.
• Newcomers Club Meeting - 7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building, speaker Dr. Mark Hodges – Kentville Research Centre. Open to the public. Info: www.wolfvillenewcomers.org
• Valentine Tea – 2-4 p.m., North Alton Baptist Church, variety of desserts, door prizes, freewill offering. Sponsored by the BWA, proceeds for church work.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., $6 per person 19 and over. Music by Rte. 12
• Hardy Breakfast - 7:30-11 a.m. at the Masonic Hall, Mill Street, Berwick. (Time change for this date only in support of the Berwick Winter Carnival). Adults $6, children $3
• Valentine’s Dance – at Waterville & District Fire Department, 9 p.m. to 1a.m. Tickets $7.50 each, with a chance to win a weekend for two at Oak Island Inn. For tickets 691-1402 or 692-1803
• Breakfast - All Saint’s Anglican Church Hall, Kingston, full breakfast. 8-10 a.m. $7.
Meeting - Valley Gardeners Club at 7:30 p.m. in Room 2101 at the Kingstec Campus of NSCC in Kentville. Guest speaker is Melanie Priesnitz.
• Luncheon – at theKingston Lions, noon to 1 p.m. at the Lions Hall, $8 at the door or $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. Phone 765-2128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Valentine’s Coffee Party - Kentville & Area Women’s Connection, 9:30 a.m. Berwick Lions Club Hall, $8. Speaker Brenda Joudrey, music Rev. Karen Doucette, feature Fashionable
Scarves. Reservations: Barb, 678-0466, before Feb. 9
• Spooky Sampling Show – by Valley Ghost Walks at the Manning Memorial Chapel, Acadia, 7:30 p.m. with a collection of historical ghost stories from all ghost walks. Tickets: adults $15, students $10 available at Ticketpro locations, Box of Delights, Wilson's Pharmasave, Kentville & Berwick or at the door. This is a part fundraiser for Randall House Museum.
• Valentine Soup Luncheon - 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Kings Presbyterian Church, Prospect Rd, New Minas. Freewill offering.
• Breakfast – held by the Good Neighbour Club, celebrating their eighth anniversary. 7-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering.
• Concert - by the band Shoulder to Shoulder at the Wolfville Atlantic Theater, 7 p.m. Tickets at the Acadia box office $8 adult, $4 students. Opening with choir students from New Minas, EMS, Port Williams and Wolfville schools. Info: 542-6075
• Sweetheart Walk - Valley Trekkers, led by Lynda Kanne, in and around the Greenwood area. Meet in the parking lot of the Greenwood Aviation Museum/Canex, registration after 9:30 for walking at 10 a.m. Info: 847-1772 or 765-0906.
• Crib Tournament - Kentville Legion Registration 12:30 p.m., play at 1 p.m. Upstairs $20 per team. Lunch served.
• Dance – at the Kentville Legion, 9:30 p.m., $6 per person 19 and over. Music by Reboot.
• Coldbrook Lions Breakfast - all you can eat, 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $5, children 3-12 $3, under 3 free.
• Coldbrook Lions Dance - 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. $6 per person. Music by Rte 12.