Worthy Matron Carol Pettigrew of Evangeline Chapter No. 15, Order of the Eastern Star, Kentville, right, presented Major Grandy of the Salvation Army with knitted goods, toys and donations for distribution over Christmas at the group’s December meeting. Also at the December meeting, the charter was draped in memory of three members who had passed away in the past month – Alvin Blaid, Ruth Keith and Verna Forsythe. All three were life members and will be missed. Meetings in February and March will be held on the first Saturday of the month in the Masonic Hall, Kentville, at 2 p.m. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Jam Session - North Alton Hall. 7 to 10 p.m. Door prizes, lunch. Donation at the door.
• Handbag Auction - Third annual Handbags for Habitat, viewing 6:30 p.m., auction at 7 p.m., at the Louis Millett Community Complex. Tickets $15. For more: 679-0644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ticket Auction - Forties Community Centre. 1787 Forties Rd. Doors open at noon; Draws start at 2 p.m. Tickets: 25 for $1.
• Card Party - Cornwallis New Horizens Club, Canning, 45’s card party at the Canning Lions Hall Seniors Room. Registration 1 p.m., game starts at 2 p.m. Admission $2. Info: 678-2030 or 582-7346
• Eagle Watch Luncheons - First Cornwallis Baptist Church, Upper Canard Eagle Watch Luncheons, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Adults $7, youth under 12 $3.50, under five free.
• Dance - Kentville Legion, 9:30 p.m., $6 per person, 19 and over. Music by Big Deal
• Eagle Watch - Sheffield Mills, same viewing field as usual at the intersection of Middle Dyke and Bains Rd. Pancake and sausage breakfast served each day from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the community hall www.eaglens.ca
• Breakfast – 8-10 a.m. at St. James' Anglican Church Hall, Kentville. Craft table on site. Minimum donation $6.
• Fundraiser - Join friends of the late Bill Sherman for great country and bluegrass music at Waterville & District Fire Hall, 2 p.m. Music by Shadow River, Shady Lane and Ron Deadder & Rachel Aalders. Freewill offering, proceeds to his wife Bonnie.
• Variety Show – 2-5 p.m., Kentville Legion, River Street, freewill offering at the door. Door Prize, auction, ticket auction, local talent. Proceeds for the Kinette Club.
• Meeting - annual meeting of the Berwick Food Bank, 7 p.m., at 100 South Street, Berwick.
• Fundraising Dinner – ham dinner, held by the Aylesford Lions at the Lions Hall in Auburn, 4:30-6:30 p.m. All funds received will be in support of PRMS and SMES. Freewill offering.
• Roast Beef Dinner – attheWolfville and District Lions Hall, 5-6:30 p.m. Tickets $12 per person, 10 years and under $6. Available from any Lions member, Wolfville Save Easy or the door. Take- out available.
• Jewelry Sale – by theKikima Grannies, at Blomidon Nursery, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Pancake Breakfast – 9-11 a.m., at the Salvation Army, Kentville. Fundraiser for the youth group. Adults $5, children $3. Storm date Feb. 8.
• Breakfast - Hantsport and District Lion’s Breakfast, 7-10 a.m., at the St. Andrews Church Hall, Hantsport. Adults $6, children six to 12 $3, five and under free. Accepting food bank donations.
• Newcomers Club Meeting - 7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building, speaker Dr. Mark Hodges – Kentville Research Centre. Open to the public. Info: www.wolfvillenewcomers.org
• Valentine Tea – 2-4 p.m., North Alton Baptist Church, variety of desserts, door prizes, freewill offering. Sponsored by the BWA, proceeds for church work.